Which historical figures made you pause when you found out they had black ancestry?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Alexander Dumas. He also has a classic quote, in response to someone denigrating his African heritage: "My father was a mulatto, my grandfather was a Negro, and my great-grandfather a monkey. You see, Sir, my family starts where yours ends."
:dead:

Definitely peep The Club Dumas, by Arturo Perez-Reverte. Great book, and was loosely adapted into a movie (The Ninth Gate). Suspenseful, fun novel that delves into some interesting occult shyt.

invalid

Banned
Daps
The Bogdanoff twins :skip:

Bro, wtf???

ae53e52c8c8d5b027fc30add1be8f150

And these dudes are Roland Hayes grandsons? :picard:

Their grandfather was Roland Hayes, one of the earliest recorded Black singers

Roland Hayes had a very interesting life. There was a thread here about Black Swan Records, the first black owned record company to which Roland was signed, and it's founder, Harry Pace, who ironically ended up passing for white. But they had a segment dedicated to Hayes.

Bro was apparently so talented, that he left to perform in Europe after being discriminated against here in America, and found himself hobnobbing around nobility. So it's crazy to find out (but makes sense), that he fathered children with a noble. Breh was out there living his best life.

This is the OG thread on Black Swan Records. Highly recommend listening to the six part podcast.

Last edited:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Bro, wtf???

ae53e52c8c8d5b027fc30add1be8f150

And these dudes are Roland Hayes grandsons? :picard:

Roland Hayes had a very interesting life. There was a thread here about Black Swan Records, the first black owned record company to which Roland was signed, and it's founder, Harry Pace, who ironically ended up passing for white. But they had a segment dedicated to Hayes.

Bro was apparently so talented, that he left to perform in Europe after being discriminated against here in America, and found himself hobnobbing around nobility. So it's crazy to find out (but makes sense), that he fathered children with a noble. Breh was out there living his best life.

This is the OG thread on Black Swan Records. Highly recommend listening to the six part podcast.

@Get These Giants