Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Kleenex Emo Era (2007-Present)

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
This is simply a dumb thread

Everyone is going to pick the era they grew in which the music became a soundtrack to their life of some sort

I think this is true for the majority of people. But if you're a music fan and openminded, it wont really matter. You'll gravitate to whatever sounds best to you and nostalgia will have little to do with it.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I think this is true for the majority of people. But if you're a music fan and openminded, it wont really matter. You'll gravitate to whatever sounds best to you and nostalgia will have little to do with it.
Admirable, but it simply doesn't work like that

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
One thing that vastly separates mid 90s from mid-to-late 80s are the progressive eclectic instrumentals. The mid 90s basically kept the hard drums/hard attitude of the 80s but decided to make shyt more melodic. and that stuff is irresistible as fukk and holds up longer.

e.g. Feel Me Flow/Flava in Ya Ear compared to Raw (and that's no shot at the legendary Kane).

The beats in the 90s are way better than the 80s.

100% agree. The melodies in the 90s are amazing Some examples

:ohlawd:

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
well 10 years ago the golden era was basically an other word for the 80's.
Now time has moved on

phatphuck

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im gona keep it in a tight timespan and say 93-95. ya'll listing 10 year timespans aint really saying ish lol

and word to the 98-00 underground scene

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
cool. What projects are moving your soul right now?

Tetsuo & Youth, Cadillactica, Pilot Talk 3, Pronto, G.D.O.D 2, Legal Dealing, The B.I.D, Days Before Rodeo, Tony, OG Luv Dat OG, Don P, Black Hystori Project 2, Steak and Shrimp, Pistol Pete Project, Free Crack 2, The Cathedral, and To Pimp a Butterfly are super recent projects i've been bumpin.

people from this era in general i've been mainly listening to are Curren$y, Kendrick Lamar, Jay Electronica, Freddie Gibbs, Big K.R.I.T, ASAP Mob, Young Roddy, Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Lupe Fiasco, Flatbush Zombies, Cyhi the Prynce, Le$, Danny Brown, Lil Herb, Lil Bibby, Kanye, Corner Boy P, Pusha T, Lil B, Hustle Gang, and Isaiah Rashad.

Jay Electronica prolly takes the cake overrall tho, can't believe I slept on him for so long. I was turned off for a long time because he barely released music, but one day I decided to just listen to the stuff he did release, and saying I was blown away is an understatement. He delivered probably my favorite rap verse of 2014 as well.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Tetsuo & Youth, Cadillactica, Pilot Talk 3, Pronto, G.D.O.D 2, Legal Dealing, The B.I.D, Days Before Rodeo, Tony, OG Luv Dat OG, Don P, Black Hystori Project 2, Steak and Shrimp, Pistol Pete Project, Free Crack 2, The Cathedral, and To Pimp a Butterfly are super recent projects i've been bumpin.

yeah, but which one(s) are you addicted to? You can't tell me you're in love with all those projects at the same time. And they just came out. Love for an album is only something that can be appreciated over time.

I'll use myself as an example: It's no secret that I'm a Live.Love.ASAP fan. I've probably heard a track or tracks off that album every day since it came out. That was almost 4 years ago.

I've been bumping a song or two off Supreme Clientele almost every day since 2005 when I first heard it. I don't think there's been more than a 2 week span of me never hearing a Ghost joint. In fact, every time I'm driving, I'm usually bumping Supreme Clientele. If I'm not listening to that, it's joints off Live.Love.ASAP, Illmatic, Liquid Swords, Cuban Linx, Infamous and Midnight Marauders.

Replay value is everything to me. Eras are defined by the creme de la creme. Not just the fact that many projects were released.

When the smoke clears, what will your era be remembered for?

Sometimes I feel like you new school dudes just listen to a ton of shyt but nothing really sticks with you. It's 'classic' if it remains on your phone, even if you never check for the song like that.

I'm not saying you're like that. I'm speaking in generalities. I could be wrong.

Instead of listing everyone who has a deal right now, can you list the few albums that are really the shining beacon of quality for you?

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

people from this era in general i've been mainly listening to are Curren$y, Kendrick Lamar, Jay Electronica, Freddie Gibbs, Big K.R.I.T, ASAP Mob, Young Roddy, Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Lupe Fiasco, Flatbush Zombies, Cyhi the Prynce, Le$, Danny Brown, Lil Herb, Lil Bibby, Kanye, Corner Boy P, Pusha T, Lil B, Hustle Gang, and Isaiah Rashad.

Jay Electronica prolly takes the cake overrall tho, can't believe I slept on him for so long. I was turned off for a long time because he barely released music, but one day I decided to just listen to the stuff he did release, and saying I was blown away is an understatement. He delivered probably my favorite rap verse of 2014 as well.

Schoolboy Q, Big Krit, ASAP Rocky, J-Cole, and Lupe are the artists I listen to in this era