Who cares about Metacritic :wtf: its been around years, why now ?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Metacritic has been around YEARS. Since the old forum :hamster: since most of you were in Elementary school. Since the rest of you were suckin on ya mommas tit

Why the sudden care for it now ? Why care for reviews at all ?

I notice in the past 2-3 or so years people been taking reviews as gospel :jbhmm: but before that no one gave a shyt about reviews (which is why a lot of review sites folded during the previous console era). Why the care for it now, shyt is really :mindblown: to me..

ESPECIALLY this site. I can see other sites care a little more about reviews because their dweebs and geeks like the reviewers and can relate to them.. but this is a sports and hip hop site.. 2 things right off the bat that reviewers that yall treating as gospel, dont even like or can even relate to.

These reviewers dont share the same interests in females, music, sports or life style or even grew up in same element as most people here so why the fukk would you care what someone who has complete opposite views on this world and interests has to say about a fukking video game :heh: same goes for movie reviews. "But IGN gave it a 70, man that game must be weak" mafukka did you look at who reviewed the game ? The mafukka aint seen sun in 100 days and hasnt seen a gym his whole life and you want to care what he has to say about how you should enjoy your time playing a game ? :wtf: :laff: shyt makes no sense to me..

on top of that, have you actually seen the videos of these nerds playing games ? Have you actually hit PLAY on the videos they post of them playing the games for 30 minutes (how can you review a game after 30 minutes? :wtf: ) they are HORRIBLE at EVERY game. No hyperbole. Not just them, but the people who create games as well are HORRIBLE. I am talking worse than your 5 year old nephew playing a game for the first time HORRIBLE. Ive had the displeasure of actually playing with some developers/community managers for games, how bad they were at the games that they manage didnt make sense at all :wtf:

yall take the opinions of these people;

serious about what the fukk YOU should enjoy ? :wtf: :russ: ridiculous

stop talking about metacritic, it should mean nothing :ufdup:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The reason is because "Press X to win" crowd needs guidance on every step and have attention span of a squirrel.
F9yJspv.gif

Click to Win

:mjlol:

I'll choke you with a gaming mouse fakkit
I'm waitin on that Season 2 :wow:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Everybody already knows my stance on metacritic. I've presented my counter-arguments so many times. How many threads do we need on this? It's a great tool that you can use or not use. I use it to my benefit and others do too. :manny:

Nothing new to see here :yawn:

you take the opinion of these people

serious about games ? they probably roll play in world of warcraft :stopitslime:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
you take the opinion of these people

serious about games ? they probably roll play in world of warcraft :stopitslime:

You're definitely not the first person to make this thread, and you won't be the last.

Nothing to see here folks :russell:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You're definitely not the first person to make this thread, and you won't be the last.

Nothing to see here folks :russell:

ok ? Does the point not stand ? im confused here, are you saying you relate to these people like above who review games ? Cause I dont, so why would I care about what they say ?

I aint tryna be mean, im just being real with you.. theirs nothing anyone in that picture could say to me about anything in life that I would care about if it was about something I personally was interested in.

and vice versa.. you think they would take your opinion serious on a game ? That you probably spent 100 or more hours on than them and know more about the game than them ? Would that make you a more credible reviewer ? (it would)

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
ok ? Does the point not stand ? im confused here, are you saying you relate to these people like above who review games ? Cause I dont, so why would I care about what they say ?

I aint tryna be mean, im just being real with you.. theirs nothing anyone in that picture could say to me about anything in life that I would care about if it was about something I personally was interested in.

and vice versa.. you think they would take your opinion serious on a game ? That you probably spent 100 or more hours on than them and know more about the game than them ? Would that make you a more credible reviewer ? (it would)
Breh, metacritic compiles the reviews of multiple sources (up to 100 on big name games). The more info the better. Metacritic hasn't done me wrong. If you don't like it, then fine. Don't use the site :yeshrug:

I'm sick and tired of defending metacritic on this site. Y'all like it when a game you (want) to like scores high, and dislike it when a game you (want) to like scores low.

This argument is old as fukk. No offense, but this thread has been made a dozen times. I don't feel like entertaining the arguments today. I already spent enough time doing that earlier in the week (literally).

I like metacritic. Some don't. Leave it at that :yeshrug:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Breh, metacritic compiles the reviews of multiple sources (up to 100 on big name games). The more info the better. Metacritic hasn't done me wrong. If you don't like it, then fine. Don't use the site :yeshrug:

I'm sick and tired of defending metacritic on this site. Y'all like it when a game you (want) to like scores high, and dislike it when a game you (want) to like scores low.

This argument is old as fukk. No offense, but this thread has been made a dozen times. I don't feel like entertaining the arguments today. I already spent enough time doing that earlier in the week (literally).

I like metacritic. Some don't. Leave it at that :yeshrug:

I dont use it. Ive known about it for years. Its pointless. Where do you see the argument you are pointing out in your post in this here thread ?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love when a game i'm stanning get scored highly, I post like :youngsabo: "Who coppin day 1?"

When a game I like scores low, I'm a bit :shaq2:.

Driveclub was a nightmare :deadrose:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I dont use it. Ive known about it for years. Its pointless. Where do you see the argument you are pointing out in your post in this here thread ?
Breh, you post a pic and say "why do you trust these people?" I don't trust one source; I trust a compilation of dozens. I know how to use metacritic to my advantage.

And I'm talking about the arguments that are brought up by other people. I'm done defending my stance on metacritic. I literally just did it earlier in the week. This shyt is old news. :yeshrug: