Who do we credit/blame for the 2:00 and under trend in rap? Chief Keep, Riff Riff, or Famous Dex?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I was about to make a thread on this same subject matter, Shyt is gettin on my nerves
I like Pusha t's new album but a good bulk of the songs on that album are under 3:00

It's extremely seldom now we hear songs with three verses now

This trend needs to die FAST.
Who made 3, 16 bar verses standard anyway?

songs making is so much interesting now

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Idk who started it but it has grown on me. I wish certain songs were longer, but other songs like this feels too long in today’s day

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Who made 3, 16 bar verses standard anyway?

songs making is so much interesting now

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Sure it's fine have have a couple of 2 minute songs on a album
to brake up the monotony of an album (See songs below) but not a album
full of 2 minute songs, these albums are starting to feel like EPS, rappers
are short changing the fans (Listeners)

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Sure it's fine have have a couple of 2 minute songs on a album
to brake up the monotony of an album (See songs below) but not a album
full of 2 minute songs, these albums are starting to feel like EPS, rappers
are short changing the fans (Listeners)

Agreed. I also give Migos credit for not spamming a bunch of short songs. They totally disregard song length. Peep the track list for their last album. There’s one song that’s 2:24 and it’s on the deluxe. Everything else ranges from 3-5 minutes, including multiple songs over 4 minutes.

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
Times can be deceiving. You got a lot of tracks where you get a quick 2 verses, and the last 45 seconds and up is just the beat riding out. What about tracks that start off as untitled skits....a whole bunch of talking before you get a minute or two of a song. Feels like it isn't just a trend, and its been practiced more often than we know for some time.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
I am going to keep this noted for my next project. Might give y’all 42+ 90-120 second songs

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
i prefer songs that get to the point and get out...give me the hook twice, 2 16 bar verses and move on. Alotta songs dragged in hindsight cause of the 3rd chorus, verse and beat playing on the intro and outro...fukk all that

No Limit used to do the 2 verses, 2 hooks if it was a solo song back in the day so it ain't new or weird to me

that 3rd 16 bar really only need to be for the elite rappers and its not needed for every song

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
i prefer songs that get to the point and get out...give me the hook twice, 2 16 bar verses and move on. Alotta songs dragged in hindsight cause of the 3rd chorus, verse and beat playing on the intro and outro...fukk all that

No Limit used to do the 2 verses, 2 hooks if it was a solo song back in the day so it ain't new or weird to me

that 3rd 16 bar really only need to be for the elite rappers and its not needed for every song
No Limit albums were mostly stuffed to the brim, almost filling up the whole 80 minutes of the CD lmao.