Who else here has NEVER owned /wanted a pair of Jordans?

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Been seeing a lot of my friends share how they gifted their kids or were gifted a pair themselves and it got me thinking on the topic :ehh: I technically had a pair ONCE as a kid, but it didn't really count.

I played and watched football mostly coming up and when it came to basketball I admired Grant Hill and Reggie Miller (:mjlol:) My pops would tell me that's who I should look up to, so I just went with it. I had their jerseys and rooted for them in the playoffs (the only time we'd really) watch, I wanted their jerseys, etc. so Jordan never had the same effect on me even though I knew he was better.

Anyways, one year my pops took me to the mall and bought me a pair. It was the 10's if I remember right, but possibly the 11's-- one of them for sure. Either way, them bytches were on clearance and I didn't realize till I got much older and looked back on it all. I came to school with them shyts on the next week on my :takedat: and these muhfukkas were unbothered.

Me: "What's up?! Ya'll see I got some Jordan's this weekend :takedat:"

Friends: "Yeah okay who cares :russell:"

Me: ":dahell: What you mean??? They're JORDANS :damn:"

Friends: "Yeah, but those are the OLD ones :mjlol:"

Me (looking down at them): :dwillhuh:. . . . . :ld:

I came home that day and told my pops I didn't want them anymore and we went thru a similar exchange-- Only he was like ":gucci: fukk it, we can take them bytches RIGHT back if you don't want em :yeshrug:"

Me (not understanding he's tryna pull my card): :manny:

And right back they went... I really was good okay with it though :leon:It wasn't till I got much older, and the hype for retros REALLY took off that I kept looking back on that incident and hitting the :heh: out how things changed. It still feels like I dodged a bullet tho. I got that energy outta my system before it could take full form :wow:, but I had friends with a whole damn collection :dead: no shade to any collectors/hypebeasts. Just curious to know who else had a similar experience.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Never gave a shyt about shoes. I was a Payless kid and I'm proud of it :blessed:. I don't get the point in spending ungodly amounts on something you wear on your feet. You out there walking through piss and shyt in them streets and you want attention drawn to that :xmasdahell:? I didn't spend more than 40 bucks on shoes until I was like 21.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Never gave a shyt about shoes. I was a Payless kid and I'm proud of it :blessed:. I don't get the point in spending ungodly amounts on something you wear on your feet. You out there walking through piss and shyt in them streets and you want attention drawn to that :xmasdahell:? I didn't spend more than 40 bucks on shoes until I was like 21.

I was a payless kid and HATED it :why: I remember 7th grade my mom bought me this brown pair of shoes that Shia LeBeouf wound up wearing on Even Stevens and I was getting clowned relentlessly for them :snoop: it probably wouldn't have seemed been so bad if they weren't so recognizable. I wound up "leaving" them in the locker room and somebody either stole them, threw them away, who knows :troll: :whew:

Daps

What kinda hoes was you pulling with < $40.00 shoes my dude?

King Frost

Stay Frosty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North Pole
When you return em to the store, they repackage and sell em as new or drop the price?
What was the hype about them anyways? My last pair of sneaks cost me a WHOPPING $30
it has no logos, it's blue and I like it.
I bought a $10 pair back in 2002 or so