Who had the greatest win streak in MMA history?

Mad Good Dro

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who had the greatest win streak in MMA history? - Mixed Martial Arts News

Royce Gracie
•Undefeated in 13 fights, with 11 wins by submission, one decision, one draw (that he likely would have lost had there been judges.
•Streak lasted 17 months.
•Two opponents, Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn, were ever champions in MMA.
•Had the advantage of being born into a family with generations of No Hold Barred fighting, against people with none.

Fedor Emelianenko
•Emelianenko’s 29-fight streak started on April 6, 2001, and ended on June 26, 2010, for more than nine years. Add four fights and a year if you discount the bogus cut stoppage.
•Of his 29 fights, if you throw out the no contest, there were five decisions out of 28, meaning a finishing percentage of 82.1%.
•Ten were against fighters who at some point in their careers held major MMA championships, and that doesn’t include his highest profile career win over Mirko Cro Cop.
•Fought seven pro wrestlers, and MMA was not as evolved as it was during Anderson Silva's run.

Wanderlei Silva
•Unbeaten from August 12, 2000 to December 31, 2004, or nearly four years and five months, earning 16 wins, one draw and one no contest.
•Throwing out the draw and no contest, in his 16 wins, only two were decisions, a finishing percentage of 87.5%.
•Five of his wins came against fighters who won major championships during their career. Three other wins were over Kazushi Sakuraba, an all-time great who never held a major championship.
•Aside from his gimmick match with Cro Cop, he didn’t face a non-Japanese fighter until Quinton Jackson, at which point he had beaten every tough, or even not-so-tough, Japanese in his division.

Georges St-Pierre
•Since the loss to Matt Serra on April 7, 2007, GSP had 11 wins in a row, ten of which were championship matches.
•Tied Silva with ten title match wins in his streak.
•St-Pierre’s finishing percentage of 27 percent is the lowest of the big five. However, he has only been in trouble once, when he was knocked down in his Nov. 17, title defense against Carlos Condit.
•In only one fight, against Jake Shields, did he even lose a single round.
•Six of his 11 wins were against men who held championships of major organizations, and three others, Jon Fitch, Josh Koscheck and Thiago Alves, were all right at that caliber.

Anderson Silva
Winning streak starting on April 22, 2006, with a first round knockout of Tony Fryklund.
•88.2% finishing rate, the highest of anyone.
•Six of his wins were against fighters who held major championships.
•Overall quality of opposition is second only to St-Pierre.

thoughts?

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
RICKSON+GRACIE+MMA.jpg

the answer is Rickson Gracie:ufdup:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Gotta go with Fedor's since it was damn near a decade until he tasted defeat. But St. Pierre's is pretty impressive too.

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
I'll say Fedor, but I AM a Spider fan and one thing that I kind of consider is the diversity of Silva's streak.

Silva embarrassed a BJJ master, knocked people out in spectacular fashion, beat a guy that beat Fedor, moved up to the next weight class and destroyed guys there for shyts & giggles (including the two guys who had the fight that "launched the UFC into the mainstream), and a few guys that tested positive for PED's after...

All the while, dude was just having fun out there. :heh:

Like I said, alternate the two of them at 1 and 1a depending on how you feel that day. Can't be mad. :whew:

Batter Up

I'm the first to swing
Daps
I'm a Fedor fan but people forget that a lot of the fighters he fought during his streak were bums. For every great opponent he faced (Nog, prime Crocop, etc.) there's a Zulu or Gary Goodridge.

His streak was longer than Silvas but the sport was still developing during the majority of his run so the competition wasnt as well rounded as today. Silva consistently faced the top contenders in multiple weight classes during a tougher era.. no give me fights handed to him like Pride was known for. Plus there was only a couple of exceptions where he didnt finish his opponents in style so The Spider gets my vote.

bertyr

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Besides the obvious Rickson by armbar, i'd say Fedor. He was an undersized fat heavyweight and put together a 30 fight win streak that lasted for 10 years.