Who has the better family tree? RED ALERT or MARLEY MARL?

Which is the better family tree?

• Don't violate or you'll get violated

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • I guess you got the Juice now

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
screenshot2022-09-30-16h07m06s378.jpg

Kool DJ Red Alert

kooldjredalert.jpg

Boogie Down Productions
Jungle Brothers
Chris Lighty
De La Soul
A Tribe Called Quest
Monie Love
(Native Tongues)
DJ Mark the 45 King
Queen Latifah
The Flavor Unit
Soul II Soul

DJ MARLEY MARL

marleymarl.jpg

Roxanne Shante
MC Shan
Biz Markie
Big Daddy Kane
Kool G Rap
Craig G
Master Ace
Tragedy/Khadafi
(Juice Crew)
Pete Rock
Lords of the Underground

Last edited:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
who would be the GOATs when it comes to this premise? (:comeon: outside of smart dumb nikkas saying shyt like Kool Herc/Grandmaster Flash or any equal smart dumb nikka answer)

But really.... Dr Dre? Fat Joe?

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Which notable artists/figures did I leave out for Red?

There's a lot of classic hip hop songs by artist/groups that didn't pan out in the long run that Red Alert was behind. The dismasters small time hustler was produced by Red and is a classic but it was there only hit. There's a lot of artist like that Red had a hand in. Funkmaster Flex came up under Chuck Chillout but Red Alert was the first person to give him a shot to hold down a radio slot and alley-ooped him the job at Hot 97 that they originally wanted Red for. The same spot that Flex been holding down for 30 years.

Red Alert is arguably the most important person in NYC hip hop history next to Ralph McDaniels. Nothing against Marley

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
At first glance I wanna say Marley. But then I thought about that Native Tongues shyt. Without them we don’t get Busta Rhymes and the Flipmode Squad. Roc Marciano has been one of the top underground acts for years. Then you got Q Tip who introduced us to Dilla and without them don’t get the whole Soulquarians collective. Dilla was responsible for the some of the better songs to come from that. Plus Q Tip took Havoc under his wings

Queen Latifah is an icon and was down with Native Tongues and discovered Naughty By Nature

Without BDP we don’t get the classic Mad Izm and D Nice never woulda been in the position he is today

Yea gotta go with Red Alert by a mile :wow:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
There's a lot of classic hip hop songs by artist/groups that didn't pan out in the long run that Red Alert was behind. The dismasters small time hustler was produced by Red and is a classic but it was there only hit. There's a lot of artist like that Red had a hand in. Funkmaster Flex came up under Chuck Chillout but Red Alert was the first person to give him a shot to hold down a radio slot and alley-ooped him the job at Hot 97 that they originally wanted Red for. The same spot that Flex been holding down for 30 years.

Red Alert is arguably the most important person in NYC hip hop history next to Ralph McDaniels. Nothing against Marley
Thanks.
Your post made me go back and reference an old JB video that used to run on Video Music Box. Red name checked all the crews/artists that were down with him.

I adjusted the list to include Latifah and the 45 King directly. I thought that La was loosely associated, but she's in Red's family tree directly.

I have Red and Ralph in my Hip Hop Mount Rushmore. Funny thing is, I have Mr Magic on there, but not Marley Marl.

* I have Flex under Chuck Chillout's family tree. He used to speak all the time on the radio about being a flunky/crate carrier for Chuck. His famous line was "I was bacon"

Last edited: