Who is Braun's Wrestlemania opponent?

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Let's first preface this with the fact that WWE probably won't even have a storyline for him, and he will just win the meaningless Andre battle royal.

But, now that they have blown Brock and Braun with Braun eating a decisive clean pin, that match is off the table for quite some time. Reigns/Brock at Wrestlemania is cemented. What do you do with Braun? His only notable program thus far has really only been with Reigns. WWE showed some intelligence allowing Braun to dominate Reigns, knowing Reigns will not look like a geek getting beat up by a monster such as Braun.

Let's think about some opponents, who could be "suitable" for surviving a program with Braun. Someone with some size or known for a mean streak, preferably.

-Samoa Joe? the meanest on the roster after Braun and Brock. they can easily do a "can the giant survive the submission" angle
-Big Cass? really, he's tall, that's about it.
-Big Show? last we seen he was destroyed by Braun. he could come back for a retirement angle. he lets Braun retire him at WM. this actually makes the most sense and i'd be fine with it.
-Finn Balor? Can the Demon version high fly his way around to a convincing feud?
-Jeff Hardy? would be more an angle putting Braun over with Hardy willing to do big stunts for Braun

Joe and Show look to make the most sense.

EDIT: I forgot Cena. That also makes sense.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Cass ain't coming back till after Mania the earliest.

Jeff got rotator cuff injury, he's done till after Mania as well.

They probably do Samoa Joe/Braun next , when Joe comes back, unless they need Roman to look stronger.

Finn has a chance because he's suppose to feud with Brock at the Rumble.

Big Show maybe, but if he going against Show then he needs to go on a retirement streak of finishing the older big guys. Like Kane and Henry.

Or Cena does the 3 second pose and stare for Braun.

Last edited:

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Big Show maybe, but if he going against Show then he needs to go on a retirement streak of finishing the older big guys. Like Kane and Henry.

I really like this idea. All 3 of those are inactive/part timers/fringe retired anyways. Why not let them officially pass the torch?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I really like this idea. All 3 of those are inactive/part timers/fringe retired anyways. Why not let them officially pass the torch?

You have 3 different angles you can run with each of them.

Show - Braun injured him and they can play on the fact that it is a career threatening injury but Show wants his revenge.

Henry - Either go with the Strongman storyline between the two and/or as Henry as his mentor/the guy that put him on.

Kane - The baddest Monster in WWE history and Braun has come for the crown. Or have Braun talk about laying waste to all the monsters and he wants proper monster competition then Kane comes out.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Big Show retirement story-line would be the best use for him from a creative standpoint and the great story that's already been presented by these two in three matches.

Putting Braun over big time in a great storyline with a huge spotlight on him without having to sacrifice someone else on the roster to do a job.

Last edited:

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
You have 3 different angles you can run with each of them.

Show - Braun injured him and they can play on the fact that it is a career threatening injury but Show wants his revenge.

Henry - Either go with the Strongman storyline between the two and/or as Henry as his mentor/the guy that put him on.

Kane - The baddest Monster in WWE history and Braun has come for the crown. Or have Braun talk about laying waste to all the monsters and he wants proper monster competition then Kane comes out.
Show is injured
Mark will get injured on there first match
Kane is pretty much retired at this point

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
HHH , Braun turns face when the authority orders him to injure any top face. He instead body slams the heel or Stephanie off the side of the ramp.
HHH goes crazy challenges Braun to a match , Braun accepts only if it's a career vs career match and Braun becomes a made man when he goes over.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
HHH , Braun turns face when the authority orders him to injure any top face. He instead body slams the heel or Stephanie off the side of the ramp.
HHH goes crazy challenges Braun to a match , Braun accepts only if it's a career vs career match and Braun becomes a made man when he goes over.

:ehh: I like this.

especially considering Hunter is kind of at that tough to get him booed phase due to being one of the last of the attitude era holdovers who can still go and has the NXT love