Singles Who knew Happy Hours were illegal in Georgia, including Atlanta.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
For such a party city, I didn't know Happy Hours were illegal in the Atlanta metro, and the rest Georgia for that matter. In the DMV, that was the only time you could get Black people in their 40's and 50's to go to a club, and it was usually the same club. I'm not sure if I would have moved down here if I'd known they didn't have this, and that they were so strict on having a beer in a park. When I first got here, I went to this club in Riverdale named "Peppers" one evening around 5:00pm, thinking it was Happy Hour...but they did have a crab leg special and discounted margaritas. So I asked a brother if they had a Happy Hour, and he looked at me kinda funny, and shook his head no. Then I asked him where did they have Happy Hours where they had a buffet, and he looked at me like I was trying to be an elitist or something, and so did the people around him. I never did get a straight answer from him. That whole atmosphere sorta turned me off not to be a young hood crowd in the DMV, even though this was my age group...smh. Maybe he didn't want to tell me they weren't any, or they were illegal. I still wish he would have told me. Btw, this was around 2006, and I was still pretending it was paradise compared to the DMV.

Anyway, I thought I'd find out through somebody else later on, or go to the city if I really wanted to find one, but I never got around to it. Anyway, I just found out last month that Happy Hours are illegal in Georgia, after being here since 2006...smh. I can't believe nobody told me this before I came, or I haven't heard this since I've been here, and I just found out thru another chat site.

I don't know if Happy Hours were already illegal when I got
here or what. But after being here for a while, I'm beginning to believe these folks never heard of a free buffet inside a club. That was our thing in the DMV...fill up on the free food, and get discount drinks. If that's your thing where you are, you may want to consider this before moving to Georgia. But personally, I think missing out on drinking like that every weekend gave me a break physically.

Last edited: