Who remembers Curtis vs. Graduation

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The same day drop war. The beginning of fakkit culture replacing thug culture in hip hop. A fun time in history but hindsight 20/20 we didnt realize that this was the start of the feminization of hip hop

50 was dressing like Lil Nas X on his album covers though. Super thug culture is as gay as it gets too. Ask Youngbuck

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
Good marketing ploy to boost both album sales.

Going in 50 knew he was gonna lose, but was selling the "fight/battle". So, his sales were boosted just because of it being an event.

At that point everyone hated 50 except for his diehard fans. Even his fans could sense he was growing stale and repetitive. 50 haters were delighted when he lost the sales battle.

Kanye was just doing Kanye. They both had respect for each other. So, there really wasn't a battle per se. No animosity or anything.

Afterward, 50 went back to his roots and dropped some good mixtapes.

Kanye went on to do 808's and heartbreaks.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Grabbed both, but I knew 50's was trash, despite forcing the better tracks on myself, but that was an iconic summer for music. I always will love summer 2007. Interestingly enough, 11 years later, 50 is mostly known for his IG antics, and I won't listen to any Kanye, for the most part.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was overrated moment, imo. 50 Cent started talking about "I sell better records than you so your shyt don't sell" where shyt is annoyed at that time. he was beefing with almost everybody so many people were rooting for Kayne against 50 Cent. Plus, nobody was looking forward Curtis after they disappointed with The Massacre (The Massacre was dope album thou but terrible singles)

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vividly. That backfired on 50 so bad. Graduation pushed the sound forward, was innovative, borderline classic, and sold more. 50 was the one that had the sakes battle idea too and Ye seemed like he didn’t care about it. 50 dropped an album that wasn’t as good as either of his previous 2 and I feel like that was the beginning downfall of his career.

I Get Money was a dope single though and this joint that Havoc produced was fire.

I remember when I Get Money came out and I was like how Swizz Beat gonna used the same beat from Cassidy's I'm a Hustla" and gave the same beat to 50 Cent? :what: