Who the fukk Told ESPN this was a good idea?

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Too pressed to realize my inclusion of "diverse panel of talking heads" in my post or would you rather reply with a quote of me mentioning white analysts sitting around buying black athletes? :jbhmm:

Or are we operating under the assumption that every analyst/talking head at ESPN is white?

Strong response to username correlation. :wow:
so if there was a few black dudes in the crowd it would have been good? despite some white ppl still being there?

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
so if there was a few black dudes in the crowd it would have been good? despite some white ppl still being there?

Breh....where did I say anything about white people in a crowd buying black players as a suggestion?

I think I get where we're miscommunicating though. You must think that I'm suggesting they keep the concept of being outdoors with a crowd and an auctioneer.

No. Absolutely not.

I'm saying that shouldn't have done a live auctioneer setting at all. I'm saying that if they absolutely wanted to do a visual display of how an auction draft in fantasy works, they should've made it more studio panel/discussion-based with a diverse panel of analysts.

Get former players and ESPN talking heads playing the role of GM for their fantasy team, put buzzers or even corded phones in front of them, put players on the board with their value distinguished as a contract with their highlights/stats/team additions as reasons on the board as incentives.

See a player, you like? Pick up your phone and make your pitch. Have the other GM bid by picking their phone up and cutting the call off to drive the price up or steal the player away from the other GM's team. If other people don't bid, they can explain why they want to save up to show why some players are risky in fantasy this year.

This way, you make the optic more draft than auction.

...and you absolutely don't have the analysts or GM's be white and you absolutely do not have every player be black.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
:mindblown:

:picard:

:lupe:...whats this mean? :leostare:

UPDATE:

ESPN RESPONSE:

“Auction drafts are a common part of fantasy football, and ESPN’s segments replicated an auction draft with a diverse slate of top professional football players. Without that context, we understand the optics could be portrayed as offensive, and we apologize.”

fukk you too jemele

What in the pure fukkt

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
Yall look at Jemele defending racist ESPN in this twitter thread....

002bc76279d5e2c90393a5babdc9bab1_1024.png

She know alot of "good people"

SMH

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
Disgusting :francis:

ESPN should fire any and everyone associated with this bullshyt

They not going to fire themselves... We as black people should have enough respect for ourselves to stop watching.

I know you won't though. Have fun.