Who wants to learn how to start a online jewellery business from scratch?

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I’d be interested, im always curious about a new opportunity

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
I’d be interested, im always curious about a new opportunity
you'd have to want to do the benchwork too though or at least have someone on your team willing to learn. I provide the resources (where to buy, what to buy with all the rationale so you're not flying blind).

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
you'd have to want to do the benchwork too though or at least have someone on your team willing to learn. I provide the resources (where to buy, what to buy with all the rationale so you're not flying blind).

That’s fine. I ain’t looking for no handouts. I already know a solid jeweler in Africa who has made stuff for me and I’ve always been intrigued but the industry. I see a lot of jewelers on IG these days wondering if they are legit or not

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
That’s fine. I ain’t looking for no handouts. I already know a solid jeweler in Africa who has made stuff for me and I’ve always been intrigued but the industry. I see a lot of jewelers on IG these days wondering if they are legit or not
Great. I just had to reiterate that part because too many people want the money without learning what they need to to really tap into being profitable)

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
if they aren't showing you processes they aren't making it themselves usually and their pricing shows. sad part is those same jewelers will sell you cultivated diamonds as natural diamonds or won't even make the distinction. even worse they sometimes use moissanites in place of diamonds because they pass most diamond testers on the market and the would-be-jewelers are oblivious and then they end up a with a bad reputation.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
Also how much cash do you need liquid to start this op?
Depends on the processes but everything including costs is included.

in terms of tools you absolutely need these prices are in canadian:

jewelers microscope - 800-1200 - I payed $900 for mine

Flexshaft kit - approx $500 each, you'll need at least 2 at some point

now the programs can get pricey - MatrixGold $8000 + training $2000 (from the developer), I use a cracked version of SolidWorks otherwise i woulda had to spend 12K or so for it. that said i'd much rather have matrixgold.
You can hire designers - I'll show you how to find them for the looooow. BUT it's super adviseable you learn how to do 3D cad.

Tumbler - $600-$1200 size dependant - i'll show you how to source them for less from CHIIIINA lol.

then you gotta get consumables (felt, polishing compound, cutting burs, etc) I would advise buying only what you need for the job at hand and build as you grow.

your website might cost $300-600/ year

there's more but not much more, you get the picture i hope.

btw just PM about your interest, i'm finishing up the e-book and setting up the site for this and the online tutorials & consults this month sometime.