Who's seen Guy Pearce's movie The Proposition?

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
one of my favorite films.. every now and then I hit youtube to watch this scene. shyt was magnificent

OwenReese

COSMIC FORCE
Supporter
Daps
Seent it. GREAT film. Great cinematography and score. I didn't watch the link but i remember it. The scene right after it is good where the dr is nursing the boy in the above clip and there's a storm or raining and then he looks up accusingly at like the police or deputies or whomever is there. Fantastic film, kind of like Heart of Darkness or Apocalypse Now, but not really on that level.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Seent it. GREAT film. Great cinematography and score. I didn't watch the link but i remember it. The scene right after it is good where the dr is nursing the boy in the above clip and there's a storm or raining and then he looks up accusingly at like the police or deputies or whomever is there. Fantastic film, kind of like Heart of Darkness or Apocalypse Now, but not really on that level.

Yep. It's hella slept on, I always felt like it was much better than 3:10 to Yuma which people seemed to love

don't get me wrong, I like 3:10 too, but it's kinda over hyped. it was decent, and surprisingly carried by Ben Fosters performance

OwenReese

COSMIC FORCE
Supporter
Daps
3:10 was good too, but i like movies like The Proposition. It is very atmospheric and 'arty' whereas 3:10 is more carried by its performances. Ben Foster did great and then fell off the earth apparently.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Great movie but not for everyone. The violence is rather graphic and not glorified or caricatured like a lot of westerns. The musical score is also stunning. Nick Cave did it.

I remember hearing the director was gonna adapt Blood Meridian, dunno if it's still happening. If done right it would be one of the best, most graphic movies in ages.