Why are Robert de Niro and Al pacino ....

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
So i was watching Heist :scust: and i was thinking "Man this movie is shyt " and "why is De niro starring in this?"
This got me thinking, why are him and Al pacino saying yes to all of these terrible movies?
MV5BMTgxOTg1NzgzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTM3Mjc1MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
MV5BMTYwMjg3MjY3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTc4MDU3MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
MV5BNDUzNDc3OTI3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDQ3OTQ2Ng@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg
MV5BNjczMTU5OTUyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODEzNjc3Ng@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg
MV5BMTgxOTk4MDIyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzI3Nzc3Mw@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg
MV5BOTQ2MzA3MTk3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDM5ODk2OQ@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
MV5BMjE2MzI0MzkyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjQ2MDM2OQ@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg
MV5BMjE4NDc3NjUyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDA4MDQwMTE@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I can't be the money. I doubt they aren't rich and they still get parts in good movies (Stand up guys Danny collins, Last vegas, Silver Linings Playbook, etc)
Sure they wont get the same parts they got when they were younger but still.
Why are these great actors ruining their legacy by starring in horrible movies? is it just for the fukk of it just so they can act?
They should just hang it up like Joe pesci and Jack Nicholson and retire with some dignity, so fans can remember them by their great roles and not become a parody of their old self
Or just say yes to parts that suit them and their age

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
$$$

They've got their respectable bodies work work. Pacinos' got The Godfather trilogy, Dog Day Afternoon, Serpico, Scarface, Heat, etc. etc. etc. and Deniros' got almost every Scorsese movie from the 70s' to the 90s', The Godfather: Part 2, The Deer Hunter, Heat, etc. etc. etc. so now it's all about the money now. They can still put in a great performance if they want to (see Deniro in SIlver Linings Playbook), but they're at that point in life where they can basically pick any script they want if the check is good.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
$$$

They've got their respectable bodies work work. Pacinos' got The Godfather trilogy, Dog Day Afternoon, Serpico, Scarface, Heat, etc. etc. etc. and Deniros' got almost every Scorsese movie from the 70s' to the 90s', The Godfather: Part 2, The Deer Hunter, Heat, etc. etc. etc. so now it's all about the money now. They can still put in a great performance if they want to (see Deniro in SIlver Linings Playbook), but they're at that point in life where they can basically pick any script they want if the check is good.
If they can pick any script they want why pick the shyt ones?
If it was about the money, they wold have some semi important part in marvel movies by now. Some old general or some shyt

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
If they can pick any script they want why pick the shyt ones?
If it was about the money, they wold have some semi important part in marvel movies by now. Some old general or some shyt

Maybe the script interested them? The Fan got mixed reviews, but Deniro is a big baseball fan and maybe it intrigued him. And Kevin Fiege met with Al earlier this year.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
They're old now and they feel they have anything to prove anymore.:manny:

They're just chilling and getting that $$$ now

Some of those family friendly movies I know they do sometimes because they have grand kids and shyt like that.

The rest of the trash is for a check. If you don't think people with money are going to say no to MORE money then your crazy
how much money do you think they would get for bombs like the bag man and killing season?
Sure you say, they have nothing to prove but ppl will remember these shyt movies.
Idk much about basketball but i know ppl considered kobe to be one of the greatest players right?
From what i hear ppl are kind of shytting on him now.
Quit while you're ahead :yeshrug:

mtg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes their old it takes a lot out of them to dive deep into character and to totally become a person. You think deniro in his advance age wants to commit to a max candy or Jake LaMotta type character anymore