Why are some Blacks quick to rock AC/DC and Guns & Roses shirts?

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Only cac band I'd wear shirts of is Soilwork and they got Antifa type shyt in their early days:blessed:

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
For the sake of this thread, I will pretend that I didn't see these pieces of gear thousands of times from people of all cultures while out here in LA more than I saw any band shirt....

xRIEp4MtRJqIGigWCJPG

m3slveF1Y1_EeqVQYCAkbzg.jpg

41syCAFan4L._SX300_.jpg

bb2ad1d6f866226d7f00ba249d1f8626--chance--dad-caps.jpg

...if the music is popular and the logo is simple and dope, without the actual artist on it, people will rock it. Wait until the Jay-Z 4:44 tour starts...

invalid

Banned
Daps
Why can't black people like rock music when we invented rock music? shyt even Beethoven was of negro descent and you see the effect he had on classical music.

If we keep trying to stifle each other's personalities to fit this one mold, we stifle the black man's legacy to the world......our creativity.

Black people who question why another black person is into something, have fallen victim to the white media narrative of how black people should act.

You should read Who's Afraid of Post-Blackness

Oh and......

I just purchased this Deftones t-shirt :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:
v600_L44867.png

Elfuego

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flawda
If a Mexican is raised up around black people, and adopts mannerisms, style of dress, music taste, isn't that appropriation?
is he adopted? that mexican is still stealing culture because he is still being raised with mexican culture at home unless his mom is some trailer trash whore

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
This thread is such an embarrassment.

:mjlol::snoop:

Black people aren't wearing these t-shirts cos they wanna be white or some other bullshyt, it's purely because these type of tees on trend.

Some might actually like the band on the t-shirt they're wearing, but on the whole, most are wearing them because it's fashionable.
They are wearing them in America because those are usually the only bands that have tee shirts in stores.

Basically the stores cater to white requests. White people request the hip hop shirts too.

That's why you don't see certain artists that are popular within the black community on these shirts. You only see "generic" universal hip hop stuff like Tupac and biggie because they know who they are.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Why can't black people like rock music when we invented rock music? shyt even Beethoven was of negro descent and you see the effect he had on classical music.

If we keep trying to stifle each other's personalities to fit this one mold, we stifle the black man's legacy to the world......our creativity.

Black people who question why another black person is into something, have fallen victim to the white media narrative of how black people should act.

Oh and......

v600_L44867.png
You are free to like it but let's not pretend it's not a market catered to white buyers.

All the artist on tees in stores are artist white people identify with.

They didn't put that shirt in the stores for your black ass. :mjlol:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child

Oh and......

v600_L44867.png
Yea we invented it but long gone are the days of Chuck Berry and Little Richard:heh:

jackson35

Banned
Daps

Oh and......

I just purchased this Deftones t-shirt :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:white people sell white nationalism in their music and tv show.
v600_L44867.png

invalid

Banned
Daps
You are free to like it but let's not pretend it's not a market catered to white buyers.

All the artist on tees in stores are artist white people identify with.

They didn't put that shirt in the stores for your black ass. :mjlol:

Are we gonna act like hip hop is not catered to white buyers?

If we use that line of thinking, most of the products and brands that have been coopted and synonymous with hip hop/urban culture were not made for black folks and neither did business owners want their products associated with black/urban culture.

Versace, Chanel, Louboutins, Crystal, Range Rovers, Ralph Lauren, Topsiders.

Negroes walking around with polos and boat shoes and not one of these nikkas own a sail boat or belong to a yacht club? What lifestyle are we coopting because the brandmakers certainly didn't have negroes in mind when creating products that have been traditionally marketed to a northeastern generational nautical elite?

Crystal didn't want Jay Z and other hip hop artist using their products in their videos.

Range Rover, a brand associated with the landowning Downton Abbey English Aristocracy, didn't want nikkas riding around and promoting their cars.

I've even seen brehs in Englewood wearing Hunter Wellies (that shyt blew my mind.)

The fact of the matter, most products that are popular within urban communities are not made for black buyers, if that is your only argument?

As to the bolded statement, I'm not exactly sure if that's true. Led Zeppelin and Rod Stewart are pretty soulful and anyone who knows their music will not deny the influence black musicians had on them. A black person, who had never heard Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin would easily be able to identify the usuage of black vocal techniques and identify with the song.

However, black folks are scared to venture outside of their lane for fear of being shamed by their own brethren in the community, so we would never know how many black folks would identify with an artist like Led Zeppelin.

Last edited:

Kwabena

I am STEM.
Daps
Reppin
Antibes
This mindset that blacks shouldn't enjoy rock is so trash. We created rock. Plenty of bands acknowledge that.

Also alot of punk rock bands like The Clash were anti-racist and built solidarity with black youth in London

invalid

Banned
Daps

@jackson35 White people sell white nationalism in schools, in government, in business and every other aspect of American life. What is your point?

Last edited:

MacNCheese

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Probably because rock tees are actually trendy right now, and because most people under 50 black or otherwise don't have much of a concept of Earth Wind and Fire or Jeffery Osborne. I can't think of any stores where you could walk in and buy a shirt like that.

Or maybe they just like rock bands.

Anyway, the only band shirt I own is for Rage Against the Machine and I wish somebody would come up to me talking some nonsense like this about it.