Why are some Blacks quick to rock AC/DC and Guns & Roses shirts?

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
cats like this are the fathers of rock

and thats is just a small sample of cats

the crazy thing about the blues

it is birthed a gang of sh!t :lawd:

not just rock:salute:

Yezzir You can.play as fast as you want..throw disortion in there..buy all the gear you can afford, but when you break it down they all scream missisippi delta blues in the end lol

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gotta put Highway To Hell and For Those About To Rock in there..I'm kinda partial to Zeppelin IV tho when Black Dog comes straight at cha..Hey pretty mama when you shake that thing watch honey drip..honey stiing..

Thunder!!!

Ahahahahah

Thunder!!!!

AhaHahaha!!!

Thunder!!!

Lol a.c. got it

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yezzir You can.play as fast as you want..throw disortion in there..buy all the gear you can afford, but when you break it down they all scream missisippi delta blues in the end lol

Funny cuz I didn't get into Blues until much later after getting into Rock (of the white variety). It's amazing if you're into Zeppelin, Stones, Doors, etc., and you start to retrace their roots, inevitably you kinda :patrice: at those white bands cuz there's such a fine line between homage/influence and thievery.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Did Slash say he was Black back when Guns was at its peak?
As a musician, I've always been amused that I'm both British and black; particularly because so many American musicians seem to aspire to be British while so many British musicians, in the 'Sixties in particular, went to such great pains to be black."[15]

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Funny cuz I didn't get into Blues until much later after getting into Rock (of the white variety). It's amazing if you're into Zeppelin, Stones, Doors, etc., and you start to retrace their roots, inevitably you kinda :patrice: at those white bands cuz there's such a fine line between homage/influence and thievery.

There's really no thieves because every lick or rhythm has been remixed goin way back..Cats like Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy BB and others have said if it wasn't for those college kids and the brits lovin those sounds and makin their own thing out of them, they wouldn't have been able to keep goin from the 60's forward