Why aren't current wrestling stars known by the general public?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Think Jim Cornette's stuff is mostly dumb but someone sent me this and I found that basically nobody in the general public could name the last 10 WWE champions nor did they even know who they were once they were given the names.

Yes, even Roman Reigns.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Think Jim Cornette's stuff is mostly dumb but someone sent me this and I found that basically nobody in the general public could name the last 10 WWE champions nor did they even know who they were once they were given the names.

Yes, even Roman Reigns.

Well the more they leaned into the WWE Universe the more stars are less known. Doesn't help that recently champs ain't get into Hollywood on any meaniful level.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Man, these people so outdated.

Roman got damn near 7 million followers on IG, people know who he is.

The days of the hulk hogan megastar is over. Wrestling isn’t being consumed by 10 million viewers on a weekly basis anymore. That’s just what it is

Last edited:

RippTheRuler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens

Yes, even Roman Reigns.

Even if people don't know who Roman is they would be compelled to watch after being introduced to him because dude looks like a star.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Well the more they leaned into the WWE Universe the more stars are less known. Doesn't help that recently champs ain't get into Hollywood on any meaniful level.
This. The brand is the star. Its like the circus now which is hilarious and sad if you consider wrestling's origins.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
In a survey of 10 random people on the street how many do you think could identify him by name?

They used to say the same about John Cena and now he's everywhere. But how many people are 'household names' now in any field?

u got a rapper.. say Lil uzi who had a whole gen.. very popular within that gen and that space.. but does the average person care about Lil Uzi the same way people can recognize Pac or Big? Hell no... not even close..

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
In a survey of 10 random people on the street how many do you think could identify him by name?
More people than you’d probably expect, depending on the age of the people being polled

You ask 10 random kids and I wouldn’t be shocked if all 10 knew who he was

On the flipside of that, if you asked 10 random 40+ year old white people who Kodak Black was, I’m sure they’d have no idea. Does that mean nobody knows who Kodak Black is?

There’s this thing called demographics. I personally couldn’t point Dua Lipa out of a lineup. I know the name, have absolutely no idea who she is or what she looks like though.. and that means nothing. I’m a 30 year old black dude. I’m not her target audience

Last edited:

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
It’s been a couple times I overheard women talking about Nikki Bella. Sounded like it had to do with reality tv relationship stuff tho and not wrestling

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think there is. It's just wrestling is absolutely not a part of it. Everyone knew about the Tiger King.

Really? i mean i saw it but there was a lot of people in my circle who had no idea.. To me.. in the day.. let's say Terminator 2. EVERYONE watched that.. in theaters or cable or whatever.

Everyone was familiar (and still is) with Tom Cruise and Arnold. Or for music MJ.. Madonna.. 2Pac..

Hogan was not on that level but he was real up there....

i don't believe that level of superstardom exists in 2023