Why can't non-finishers end matches?

Ganso Bomb

All Star
Daps
Adding the complaints about the finisher kickout trend that plagues every PPV, why is it only finishers that end matches? Wouldn't it be more exciting and a lot less predictable if say 30-40% of the time if Sami Zayn hit someone with a Blue Thunder Bomb it would actually put them away?

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I’ve thought about that too.

Charlotte is actually one of the only people in wwe that has won regularly with different moves. She’s won with her 2 finishers, the Figure 8 and Natural Selection, but she’s also won matches with a big boot, especially recently, and I’m pretty sure she’s won with a spear before too

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Bobby Roode just won at the last PPV with a non finisher rollup :manny:

But I get what you're saying. They need to have people win matches with signatures again so that finishers are more protected. I feel like a few guys have several "signatures" that could be used as finishers (Zayn, Owens, Sheamus, Rollins) but most guys are so formulaic and seemingly unoriginal that they don't have several signature arsenals

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
LONG AGO, IN THE AGES OF MYTH, THE GODS HANDED DOWN THE FINISHERS TO US, BROTHER! THERE'S ONLY A LIMITED NUMBER OF THEM, AND EACH ONE CAN ONLY BE POSSESSED BY ONE WRESTLER AT A TIME, DUDE! ONCE YOU COME INTO POSSESSION OF A FINISHER, YOU CAN WIELD ITS MAGICAL POWERS TO END A MATCH ANY TIME YOU WANT, OR IF YOU'RE JUST BLOWN UP AND WANT TO GO HOME, MEAN GENE! KICKING OUT OF FINISHERS IS SOMETIMES PERMITTED, BUT ONLY IF YOU'RE REALLY OVER OR JAPANESE, JACK!

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I think Rock hit Jericho with a DDT the week of Vengeance and beat him. Made Kurt tap out at Survivor Series 01.

Batista used a spine buster on Eddie at No Mercy 05.

That weird Lesnar/Blandy finish.

As for th e current gen? Interference and Maryse are the usual non finisher accessories in the E these days.

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s either look at the hard camera then finisher or a fluke roll up

The top rope ricola bomb onto dean Ambrose didn’t end the tag team title match but the Rollins knee dirty deeds combo did :stopitslime:
This one really pissed me off. I was watching that match after reading the "What wrestlers have the highest HP" thread so I was extra sensitive to Dean's crap