Why Did Folks Slept on Layin Da Smack Down

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
I remember being younger and was puzzled as all hell of why folks put Mista Don't Play at such a high regard over Layin Da Smackdown which felt like Project Pat's most slept on album.

Dude was going in hard with those tracks:

Dude was flowing on them tracks. While MDP was a classic, it sucks that LDSD was easily forgotten. Hell Ghetty Green gets talked about more than LDSD and that album was wild forgettable beyond the single and a few tracks.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
If MDP is a 10 for Pat then Layin Da Smack Down gotta be an 8.5 at worst. I'm looking at the track list now and there are maybe 3 tracks I would skip tops and one is a skit

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1914–1983
I know I didn't, easily my second favorite Pat album, in fact I think both this and Mista Don't Play are better than Ghetty Green.

brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north
I think they just had so much going at the time. We was still riding to Choices and Chat’s first one when that came out. That is the one with “Ooh Nuthin’” on it, right?
I been reading juicy’s book, as a squad/label, hcp had a LOT going on then smh

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It leaked like 7 months in advance and he reworked the album. "Gel & Weave" was the single and it didn't get anywhere near the reception that "Don't Save Her" and "Chickenhead" got.

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
prob my most listened to album from him these days. i hear still ridin clean sampled often. i hope he's getting paid nicely from it.

apparently him doin jail time messed up the rollout. i do remember the singles getting heavy play but i cant speak for outside of memphis. i def think a video w/ juvenile wouldve help made a difference. i didnt know this existed till fairly recently.