Why did Urkel go through reverse puberty on Family Matters?

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
This is something I can't understand. In seasons three and four, Jaleel White's Urkel voice sounds fine because he's going through puberty. It's not as high as it was in the first two seasons. Then by season six, it goes in the opposite direction and he starts having this cartoony inflection. By the time the show is over, he doesn't even sound like a real person. Who did that to him? :hhh:

I can see why it took Jaleel White some time to embrace the character again. :dead:

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
The entire show turned into an over-the-top cartoon in the later seasons. :mjlol:

In the early seasons he had a nasally voice, which is what people associate Urkel with. Just typical ‘80s nerd shyt.

Then when he got older he started to do the exaggerated high-pitched voice. As his character got more popular and took over the show, he got more cartoonish. Then they added all the sci-fi fukkery. :dead:

He was building transformation machines, shrink rays, and robots and shyt. The show was supposed to be about a working class black family in Chicago. :hhh:

The only thing I liked about the later seasons was Myra. RIP :mjcry:

Last edited:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You asking about this instead of how tf they time traveled to a pirate ship

right this nikka was cloning himself, making terminator type robots, went to space, made himself the size of an ant or some shyt, etc

this show was filled with dumb shyt and you worried about his voice

shyt I also remember him turning into a chuckie doll or something like that. Family matters was a top 3 most ridiculous show of all time