Why did we build high-rise public housing projects?

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Dope video. I did a presentation and a paper last year on Housing Policy in the US for my Social Policy class. Cities got pressured by suburban families to keep public housing as far away as possible from their green spaces, and town planners buckled. It ended up fukking up generations of families, a few studies I researched show that crime is substantially higher in high rise buildings compared to low-rise communities.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I'm reading a book that also goes into why public housing was created, and like said here, was so that the white working class could get to and from their industrial jobs easier. It was government helping the people, but also helping businesses as well. That all when to hell though when blacks started to move in.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
I'm reading a book that also goes into why public housing was created, and like said here, was so that the white working class could get to and from their industrial jobs easier. It was government helping the people, but also helping businesses as well. That all when to hell though when blacks started to move in.
Title?

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
I assume this is about Pruit-Igoe... yup :francis:

Same architect who designed it was the same architect who designed the World Trade Center