Why do so many people want someone who settled for them?

lib123

All Star
Daps
The general consensus seems to be that most people are single because they won’t lower their standards physically. I don’t want to hear complaining about women expecting men to be millionaires, because anyone with common sense can see women are still dating, or at least sleeping with men they’re physically attracted to, regardless of his income.

Both sides are trying to guilt each other into settling for someone they aren’t attracted to, but there are slight differences. With women, they try to guilt men into liking fat women. For most average looking women, they have slept with a man or two who looks substantially better than them. That feeds the delusion, because they don’t realize those most of those attractive men won’t wife an average looking woman. But with average looking men, most of them haven’t had a lot of experiences with substantially better looking women, unless they have money, and were used.

So why would you allow yourself to be used for money, knowing she would leave you for a better looking man with or without money?

Why are so many brehs hellbent on forcing a woman to date you, knowing she isn’t physically attracted to you? If you marry her, eventually she will start to resent you. People usually socialize, and date people who look similar.

According to women in this Reddit thread, the men with money were using the women, not the other way around.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
How is it settling to buy a Honda when you couldn't afford the Ferrari?
Basically why don’t you accept this beat up used Ford Taurus or actually apply yourself and get that car you really want.

How is the woman settling when you are at your best physically, spiritually, mentally, and financially

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
If someone actually wants this then it indicates they have self esteem issues. Consciously knowing someone settled for you and accepting it also indicates self esteem issues.
Knowing your partner settled for you means you were fighting above your weight class and won…

The goal of every person should be to find somebody to settle for them. I’d rather be settled for than be the one settling.

Daps
Knowing your partner settled for you means you were fighting above your weight class and won…

The goal of every person should be to find somebody to settle for them. I’d rather be settled for than be the one settling.
Do you really expect someone to stay faithful if they settled for you? The women can sleep with the man they want. Getting him to commit is another thing. Relationships aren’t eternal bliss, and happiness all the time. You’re going to have disagreements, and be angry at each other at times. Physical attraction needs to be the base. Without it, you’re playing with fire. So aiming above your weight class is dangerous. You as a man see how important it is to have physical attraction. Stop expecting women to only care about your personality. You are not approaching Gabby Sidibe, and thinking, “she would make a loyal, and loving wife”. You aim for who you want to fukk first, then hope she has a good personality.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Do you really expect someone to stay faithful if they settled for you? The women can sleep with the man they want. Getting him to commit is another thing. Relationships aren’t eternal bliss, and happiness all the time. You’re going to have disagreements, and be angry at each other at times. Physical attraction needs to be the base. Without it, you’re playing with fire. So aiming above your weight class is dangerous. You as a man see how important it is to have physical attraction. Stop expecting women to only care about your personality. You are not approaching Gabby Sidibe, and thinking, “she would make a loyal, and loving wife”. You aim for who you want to fukk first, then hope she has a good personality.
Wait a sec... youre basing the whole idea of "settling" on a person's physical appearance?

I'm talking about full package

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
How is it settling to buy a Honda when you couldn't afford the Ferrari?
Thank you
I refer to the concept of affordability in my book

Ppl want the top tier but don’t have what it takes to meet that persons expectations or keep their interest - men and women

Daps
Wait a sec... youre basing the whole idea of "settling" on a person's physical appearance?

I'm talking about full package
I know, but we also know women tend to make exceptions for men they are attracted to. Women aren’t “building” with men they aren’t attracted to. But from what I’m seeing, less women are into building, because of how they got treated once he made it. The men left them for the woman they didn’t need to build with.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
I know, but we also know women tend to make exceptions for men they are attracted to. Women aren’t “building” with men they aren’t attracted to. But from what I’m seeing, less women are into building, because of how they got treated once he made it. The men left them for the woman they didn’t need to build with.
Most women don’t even have experience building a man up…

So I think your assessment is really a non issue

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
I follow your logic but think it needs to be tweaked a bit... In the same way that there's always someone w/ more money than you, there's always going to be someone better looking as well. The goal is to find someone who places your personality/perspective above both of those things.

Personally, I think the healthiest thing to do is stop wasting mental energy on "Why do <insert gender> here do XYZ when it will only lead to fleeting happiness". People playing themselves in the long term has been happening since the first humans started walking.

It's more productive to change your focus to taking steps to increase the odds that you can find happiness personally. How can you be a better person for when someone equally yolked enters your life? How will you handle dealing w/ people who are not as emotionally mature when it comes to pursuing what works for them in the short term and long term? Having those two areas puts you ahead of most of the dating pool and will lead to better happiness w/ or w/o a partner.

This Is a beautiful post. No homo.