Why do some people brag (in a good way) about paying high rent for an apartment?

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
So I was on Facebook earlier and saw a post with this woman (and others) bragging about paying high rent and acting like it's an accomplishment or something :mjlol:.

:gucci: When did it become an achievement to be paying over $1K in rent (that's without utilities included) ?

:mjtf:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
How the hell can y’all afford $1k rent...my rent is ~$675 and I’m still :sadcam:
I pay $1175 and feel like a jackass every time I write the check. I have a windfall coming in but I don’t know where I may ultimately end up and set up my flag to buy a home.

Last edited:

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I dont know, its dumb imo. I paid rent once, 2100 for a loft apartment over looking nyc skyline. That was fun for about a month, girls would come over and after a while they acted liked they lived there:camby:. But the worse part was seeing that -2100 in my bank account....mannnnn i called my mom up so fast talking about "I got a business proposition for you" I moved back home with the quickness. Now I'm helping my mom with her mortgage, about to buy a house by next march and hopefully another rental property later that year...

Now if you have to pay rent then do what you have to do, but if you are able to live with your folks or a roommate or two then do that. its worth it in the long run imo

Daps
So I was on Facebook earlier and saw a post with this woman (and others) bragging about paying high rent and acting like it's an accomplishment or something :mjlol:.

:gucci: When did it become an achievement to be paying over $1K in rent (that's without utilities included) ?

:mjtf:

If 1k In rent got you flipping...:pachaha:

Daps
Honestly...

If you know anyone bragging about the monetary value of their possessions then they’re wack anyway

Do what you can and not a drop more. As y’all once said Down South...

71SiiTOm08L._SX355_.jpg

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Higher population = higher rents and mortgages. At this point, Thanos half the population and abundance of cheap real estate will come through.

But bragging about paying rent to greedy landlords is just foolish. If anything, their lives should be in constant danger.