Why do you guys like wrestling?

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Japanese league looks entertaining. The American league, why???

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
From what I understand, it’s because they’re social losers in life so they latch onto the lowest form of entertainment there is... play fighting

Much like homosexuality, being a fan of play fighting is a mental disease

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
nikkas gonna come in and deflect and try and be cute.....but my honest answer.....

I dont even know anymore:ohhh:.....Fukkery promos and Backstage beatdowns I guess:yeshrug:....but even that shyt is few and far between these days:hubie:

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Storylines. Narrative makes sports/politics/entertainment interesting, and pro wrestling is the epitome of that. People will always love heroes and villains but the layers keep them coming back. You see the good guy struggle to overcome. A good villain seems unbeatable or you itch to see them finally fall and wonder what it's going to take. You see betrayals and heroes become villains. You see friends become enemies and reunite. You see enemies reluctantly join forces to achieve a goal.

You can watch a gritty action, an emotional family drama, a romance, and a comedy in one sitting.

No re-runs. It never ends, BUT you still have to build up toward big moments several times a year to keep the crowd coming back without repeating the same exact story, so it's intriguing to see it figured out.

Live storytelling with live feedback. It's theatre...like a play, improv, dance, or spoken word but you can boo them when they suck or acknowledge them when they're killing.

Suspension of disbelief by the audience. There are rules and understandings in a contained universe regardless of the company. It's a world within itself.

Improvisation with call-backs and continuity.

Guessing where the writers/company is trying to go with stories and talent.

The satisfaction of being right.

The debates, thought, and discussion that come from being wrong.

Seeing the reaction to plans and seeing unplanned things change plans.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I used to enjoy the fukkery within some of the storylines

Now its not there and thus I barely watch.