why does it get overlooked that naS called his stans stupid?

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
"they thought I'd make another illmatic, but its forward I'm movin never backwards stupid, here's another"

clearly directed at naS stans who think illmatic was his zenith. Yall think naS be sittin there thinkin "these dumbass naS stans really think I aint write nothin better than monkey rhythm funky rappers flippin? They really think I aint wrote nothin better than black rats and loose cracks plus the island is packed?"

No wonder this nikka just smoke all day and wastes his life away...

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
"they thought I'd make another illmatic, but its forward I'm movin never backwards stupid, here's another"

clearly directed at naS stans who think illmatic was his zenith. Yall think naS be sittin there thinkin "these dumbass naS stans really think I aint write nothin better than monkey rhythm funky rappers flippin? They really think I aint wrote nothin better than black rats and loose cracks plus the island is packed?"

No wonder this nikka just smoke all day and wastes his life away...
At least you tried, little grown man with mind of child. Let me toss you a pity "lol."
But don't mistake that for compassion, i have my reasons for doing so.

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
I actually feel bad for naS because in actuality literally everything he dropped since illmatic has been better but his stans want him to move backwards and write like a 19 year old 7th grade drop out instead of a man who practiced and worked at his craft for 2 decades. But oh well, I agree with naS about his stans... never backwards stupids :manny:

Prae

Pro
Daps
I heard it differently.

It's like he's saying "why would I re-make the same exact album again? I already have Illmatic. I'd rather try to change things up a bit and keep it fresh" You have other who guys who try to stay stuck in the past and try to live off their old work without coming up with new and fresh ideas and sounds, and don't adapt to the present or reinvent themselves.

I didn't interpret it as "why would I make another Illmatic when I can just make something better" like you're trying to say. More like, why would he go backwards and re-do the same thing over again?

Not to mention you left out the last word where he's essentially referring to Illmatic as a classic.
They thought I'd make another "Illmatic"
But it's always forward I'm movin
Never backwards stupid here's another classic