Why doesn't Hip Hop "Influence" White People?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The amount of White people listening to rap consistently or as the only genre they prefer and the amount of White people living in this country are worlds apart in population. Certain influences won't catch on unless a large amount of White people indulged in the culture. The mainstream White culture ain't Hip Hop at all, they have their own celebs and athletes that the guys wanna be and the girls want to be with. So something like drill music is a guilty pleasure to a White guy, a genre of music they might have to log on Reddit to discuss with others because no one else in their community is interested in it like that.

Now how many Black people are in this country and how many of them listen to rap music on a daily or weekly basis as their #1 preference. How many young Black men only listen to rap?

Then we gotta break down the ages cuz your age plays a big part in being influenced by anything. A 50 year old middle class White dude in NY who has a Wu Tang playlist for the gym is much different than a 14 year old lower class Black kid from Seattle who knows all the gangs in the Raq due to his drill playlist for just general listening purposes.
Good post people think because whites are the biggest consumers of rap music that shyt means something. They are the vast majority of America’s population of course they’ll be the biggest consumer. But the fact is a lot of cacs don’t fukk with hip-hop or only fukk with it on a superficial level. If you check the Billboard 100 you’ll see a bunch of country acts that most black people have never heard of or you’ll see someone like Taylor Swift selling over 1M first week in the streaming era. That’s their mainstream culture.

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
The same reason I never put on a trench coat and shot up schools after listening to Korn, White Zombie, SoundGarden etc. Its something I can fukk with but not internalize.

Same goes for Rap

I never tried to rock a bandana like pac, never wore pink like Camron and damn sure wasnt rocking them G-unit tanktops even though they look dope on 50.
I just couldnt bring myself to do that shyt and this was Prime mid 2003 50

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
If White People are 70% of the listeners of Hip Hop, it stands to reason they should be feeling the biggest effects of the alleged negative effects like crime, misogyny, and ratchet behavior that listening to Hip Hop causes. How has the life of White People been impacted since they jumped on the Hip Hop bandwagon?
Whites people are influenced by minorities all the time (spice wars for example) they just steal it

Daps
the question assumes this music isn’t compounding issues that plague the black community and are largely absent from its white counterpart - poverty, lack of education, negative representation in the media, etc.

:francis:

Daps
Now we gotta pretend like 90% of this "slide for von" shyt wasn't coming from white boys on social media.

It does impact white people, it further cements the idea that Black people are not human beings, they literally beg rappers to murder each other and then go home to their safe lives, this shyt is entertainment for them because they find Black death and dysfunction to be entertaining.

:francis:
It's been like this for a long time

Sadly it's broadcasted all over the internet for the world to see now