Why dont the GOAT's - OUR GOAT's make it to 60?

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
In the same stratosphere as Prince, Whitney and Mike? Those are legends, trailblazers but they not on that level.

I give you Sly & James though. And they are dead now anyway.

Mick Jagger & McCartney finna outlive all our GOAT's.
Sly isn't dead! As for guys like Chuck Berry and BB King, they might not be pop culture icons like Prince and James Brown, but their work was very, very influential.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Drugs/std's/stress, it always catches back up to you especially drugs.

nikka's out here eating all organic, whole foods while smoking and drinking and having unprotected sex talking about how they living healthy dying at 60

While James down the road eating mc donalds everyday living to his late 90's :smh:

The wool is being pulled clean over our eyes

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
My bad. That's fukked up on behalf. I don't know why he isn't Stevie status, the man is a genius.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Drugs/std's/stress, it always catches back up to you especially drugs.

nikka's out here eating all organic, whole foods while smoking and drinking and having unprotected sex talking about how they living healthy dying at 60

While James down the road eating mc donalds everyday living to his late 90's :smh:

The wool is being pulled clean over our eyes
James died early 70's.

Key thing is the cats that where young in the 80's seem to have all died. To me, those superstars had another type of stratosphere. You also had crack, fiercer sexual transmitted diseases etc.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Keyword NOW, talking when we get to the point of being past middle aged. Technology ain't about to save years of eating processed ass food at the Drive-thru, or instant sugar in a box. shyt gonna hit us big time when we up in our 50s and all types of health related issues for fukking our bodies up come about. And that's just the shyt we can control. We ain't even discussing shyt that we can't like the shyt in the air, in our water supply, even our damn fruit that's suppose to be from the earth.
:dahell: You talking about. Technology and medicines is why life expectancy is longer now.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Perhaps I may shed some light on this topic, brethren. Many of our Negro "GOATs", as you all so affectionately calleth them, perish at such a young age. Many live their lives very fast and on edge, brethren. The pursuit of money hath ended many a man in this lifetime. This love of currency hath many roads that thou must caution thyself against, lest ye suffer similar fates. Sex, Drugs, Toxic relationships, Pride. My people, allow my words to echo vividly throughout thy mind and pierce down into thy heart. These be the culprits of many a death of our brothers and sisters whom hath inherited fame and fortune.

If ye remove the lust of money from all of their equations, many wouldst still walk among us today. Let this be a lesson to us all. When ye garner a significant level of fame and fortune, thou must guard thy heart against the lusts that it will provide. Therefore, put thy trust in the Lord of creation, Jesus Christ, and ye shall want for nought.

• Dap
Reactions: RTF

Brosef

I respect O.G. knowledge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
It's common, not just with celebs. I hate being all morbid and shyt, but I've accepted that the days of folks living to 60s and 70s are long gone, unlike the generation from the 20s and 30s, we've had so much bullshyt like pollution, bullshyt in the stuff we consume, sexual diseases, and shyt making our cells mutate into cancer. Making it to 60 is gonna be a blessing man.

Tf is this shyt life expectancy is damn near 80 in the USA.

Only place whete making it to 60 is a blessing, is in Africa

:mjcry:

Nah man black people living longer than ever in the US...

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/us-l...ks-living-longer-whites-dying-earlier.420726/

The celebs just don't know how to take care of themselves - got HIV on the low, drinking, doing drugs etc.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The majority of our GOAT's don't make 60 brehs.

• Hendrix
  • Jackson
  • Prince
  • Whitney
  • Marvin
  • Marley
  • Cook
  • Shakur
  • Wallace

Why our GOAT's don't get to be grey? :sadbron::to:

Protect Jigga, Nasir and Yeezus at all costs mayne.

Stevie made it.

:dahell: Almost everyone you listed was shot or real heavy into drugs. The only person that is a mystery is Prince.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
:dahell: Almost everyone you listed was shot or real heavy into drugs. The only person that is a mystery is Prince.
It's the rockstar lifestyle breh.
Why teh fukk Mick Jagger still kicking then?

The dude Lemmy from Motorhead done drunk a bottle of whiskey everyday until he was 70.

Sorry brehs. I'm hurt.

Daps
The majority of our GOAT's don't make 60 brehs.

• Hendrix
  • Jackson
  • Prince
  • Whitney
  • Marvin
  • Marley
  • Cook
  • Shakur
  • Wallace

Why our GOAT's don't get to be grey? :sadbron::to:

Protect Jigga, Nasir and Yeezus at all costs mayne.

Stevie made it.

Rasheed Wallace died?