Why Has Ace Hood Never Blown Up?

GoldynChild

Rookie
Daps
When Ace Hood first came up I thought that by 2017, he would be a bigger star than he is today. He hasn't really blown up.

I was thinking about it, I feel like it's for a few reasons:

- he doesn't really have an image - he's not a marketable artist

- he doesn't really have a large, loyal fan base - he's more of a "hit record" rapper, at least in the past

- he doesn't really have much to say - always rapping about coming from nothing, the hood, his piece, etc.

Where do you think he went wrong?

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
1031cef593a9e16e8e987caf617bb10c.400x225x230.gif

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
dont think he went wrong anywhere, he had some hits and impact on the game (flow got bit for a minute there)

when your in his situation, you do need a hit every so often tho. he has no classics to revert to, so hes now at the point where hes gonna start to fade without a new one

GoldynChild

Rookie
Daps
If
I've said this before...Ace really fathered a great bit of these nikkas styles. Ace hood is one of the best rappers that get no recognition. He can rap his ass off and even with me knowing this, I still can't listen to him
But if you think he's one of the best rappers why cant you listen to him?

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Manufactured, packaged, had it easy. He had Rick Ross, and T-Pain on his debut single. It just doesn't feel real. People think its good to have prominent artists featured on your debut song, but it actually hurts you. The audience doesn't know who you are so they listen to the song for Ross, and T-Pain, not Ace Hood. He became an afterthought ever since.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
If

But if you think he's one of the best rappers why cant you listen to him?
Theres a difference between having bars/flow and making good music. Papoose is one of the best rappers ever, technically, but the music is ass. Same for Corey guns. And I'm not saying Ace is anything like them, but they're similar in terms of not being able to make good music.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When Ace Hood first came up I thought that by 2017, he would be a bigger star than he is today. He hasn't really blown up.

I was thinking about it, I feel like it's for a few reasons:

- he doesn't really have an image - he's not a marketable artist

- he doesn't really have a large, loyal fan base - he's more of a "hit record" rapper, at least in the past

- he doesn't really have much to say - always rapping about coming from nothing, the hood, his piece, etc.

Where do you think he went wrong?

lol you answered your own question. This thread will be full of people rephrasing the things you already said here. The only puzzling thing is you thinking he would be an even bigger star. He did pretty well for himself.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I heard this by Ace Hood recently, fire

over the Future "Married to the Game" instrumental