Why Hollow da Don is the GOAT

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
And if anyone disagrees with my premise, let me know.

Why is HTD the greatest battle rapper of all-time:

1) He has participated in nearly every big battle league in existence.

Off the top of my head, Hollow has been on URL, KOTD, UW, Grindtime, StreetStatus, WRCs/JumpOff, 106 & Park, and Fight Club. He goes back to the Illmaculate/Thesaurus 2v2 era. While every league can point to a battler or two who raised their profile, he has raised the profile of EVERY league in existence right now except for RBE.

Hollow battles anywhere, and captures the crowd in any venue or location he's in. Unlike some of the top NYC dudes who never leave NYC, Hollow has battled across the world.

2) He has battled the best, and only has 1 or 2 definitive losses.

Hollow has probably battled as many people as DNA, and his record is probably something like 30-1. He has one definitive loss against Ars at FC, which many people don't count. He has some early losses in the 2v2 format; again, many people don't count those.

3) He has worked himself up from the bottom.

Hollow was considered as a nobody in the early GT and 2v2 competitions. He was just considered some weirdo druggie from NYC with weird bars. He got a little fame from beating the shyt out of some no-name dudes in GT new york, and then his profile shot up when he battled Illmaculate and beat him. He then went on to the URL, and put on a show vs. Big T, which really upped his profile.

4) He has beaten the best.

Even though some of these are still debated, the big names he's beaten include Lux, Big T, Surf, Clips, Hitman, Goodz, Passwordz, Illmaculate, and Pat Stay (2x).

5) He is the first battler to seamlessly insert rebuttals into his writtens.

Before Hollow, no one was really doing that except for maybe Serious Jones. Everyone else was either doing straight freestyles, or straight writtens, but Hollow was doing rebuttals in the middle of the round, which was very unique. He's still only one of a few battlers that can do that.
Hes in my top 3 fasho, Diz is not even in my top 80.

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
yeah his style as aged...everything now is punchlines after punchlines that's not really hollows style. Same reason why Lux started to take L's.

This is so true. Hollow and Lux are too advanced for this current era of battle rap. Now, it's all about getting a pop from the crowd every few seconds, instead of actual well-crafted and multilayered bars that make you think.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
This is so true. Hollow and Lux are too advanced for this current era of battle rap. Now, it's all about getting a pop from the crowd every few seconds, instead of actual well-crafted and multilayered bars that make you think.

Definitely a different way to look at it, I called it old you called it advanced ... but basically just like everything else people want the quick bars and cheap pops .