Why is it so hard to find a job now?

Manny2828

Pro
Daps
So the company I worked for got furloughed in late July and basically let go of everyone. I’ve been applying to jobs nonstop on indeed, LinkedIn, ziprecuiter etc bro I’m not hearing shyt back from these applications. No emails, no phone calls nothing. I wake up everyday and submit 20 applications sometimes 40 a day. I even lied saying I was white when asking about race and still didn’t hear anything. Is anyone else struggling to find work rn?

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Yeah I hear it’s hard. I’d definitely tailor a resume more towards what you’re applying for by hijacking the descriptions and bullet points and putting them in your resume. Find a similar job making outside of where you wanna live or another company and use parts of their job description

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
20 applications a day?

camron-killaseason.gif

Work smarter not harder. Just hit up some recruiters and email them your resume with your salary requirements and let them look for you. nikkas be hustling backwards than a mothafukka

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
I've been hearing the same. Everybody was hiring during the pandemic and people were getting paid whatever they asked for. It seems that companies are downsizing now and trying to offload those higher salaries. This is pretty scary with AI right around the corner. Service jobs and the medical field seem to be the only two places still desperately hiring.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Damn!I work in healthcare...I apply on the website and get a reply and request for interview that night and be in orientation a week later.

But My girl has degrees n shyt but SHE is struggling....

Health care is booming right now, tech on the other hand brehs are skruggling. 1200 applications for one role.

Then it’s student recruitment season as well.

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
Health care is booming right now, tech on the other hand brehs are skruggling. 1200 applications for one role.

I remember all them damn "get into Tech" threads on here a year ago...I just say here watching shaking my head ...I knew something wasn't right...

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus

:wow:my cousin living good. He one of them traveling Nurse....got a crib out in Florida (:scust:) but working out in Palm Springs in California, hitting up L.A. every weekend.

Proud of him.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I remember all them damn "get into Tech" threads on here a year ago...I just say here watching shaking my head ...I knew something wasn't right...

Yea I don’t think anyone would’ve predicted these tech companies just have these mass layoffs after covid. Then see other industries follow suit too.

I’m gonna everything I can to get my own business going after this gig.