Why is J. Cole Doing Better Than Beanie Sigel ever did?

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im trying to figure that out

I could never see beans selling out MSG in mins like cole just did:yeshrug:

BronxFleeZ

We here man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gun Hill Forreal
The thing about beans was he could stay out of trouble. He's easily my top 5 if not all time fav rapper. But him and cole are 2 diff people. Imagine beans kept going and learned how to make gangsta music EVERYBODY loved. He'll be global but you just can't take the hood out someone. Hope this helped.

Professor Polo

80s Baby
Daps
stop all this artists development/Jay-Z mentoring J. Cole bullshyt

Jay had Cole prove himself to not only him, but to the rest of the world...

Despite the Jay-Z co-sign, he wanted Cole to develop his own fanbase/style/sound because in the end...that's where you find longevity...

Something about Cole's music connects with his fans...the rest is history..

Farrinto

Who's the best MCs? Biggie, Jay-Z, and Nas
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Different times and different artists. Sigel is way better though.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing about beans was he could stay out of trouble. He's easily my top 5 if not all time fav rapper. But him and cole are 2 diff people. Imagine beans kept going and learned how to make gangsta music EVERYBODY loved. He'll be global but you just can't take the hood out someone. Hope this helped.
:ehh:

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
stop all this artists development/Jay-Z mentoring J. Cole bullshyt

Jay had Cole prove himself to not only him, but to the rest of the world...

Despite the Jay-Z co-sign, he wanted Cole to develop his own fanbase/style/sound because in the end...that's where you find longevity...

See thats the issue I don't think cole could have done this on his own....I could see cole part of 9th wonders camp but not doing it to this level but thats just me:yeshrug:

really tho

that ain't gangsta
Supporter
Daps
is this a serious question?

there's no comparison.

two different leagues. two completely different styles.

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA

Yeah, bingo. I do not like Cole's music at all, but this pretty much hits the nail on the head.

Professor Polo

80s Baby
Daps
See thats the issue I don't think cole could have done this on his own....I could see cole part of 9th wonders camp but not doing it to this level but thats just me:yeshrug:
If you followed Cole's rise to where he is now, you would see it..

You never heard Jay speak of Cole...which is cool because it allowed Cole to develop his own identity instead of Jay's artist...

shyt, a lot of Cole fans I know aren't really fans of Jay like that..

Jay pushed a lot more of his signees throughout his career, where they at now? Beans, Bleek, Young Gunz, Amil, Freeway etc

did Cole get some help being signed under Jay? sure...but what artist didn't get help from a veteran?

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you followed Cole's rise to where he is now, you would see it..

You never heard Jay speak of Cole...which is cool because it allowed Cole to develop his own identity instead of Jay's artist...

shyt, a lot of Cole fans I know aren't really fans of Jay like that..

Jay pushed a lot more of his signees throughout his career, where they at now? Beans, Bleek, Young Gunz, Amil, Freeway etc

did Cole get some help being signed under Jay? sure...but what artist didn't get help from a veteran?
The way I see it jay seen the mistakes that he was doing on the ROC and did the opposite

1. Stay away form his artist shine and only help them somewhat

2. Don't really do that roc we are family stuff (If you noticed he was in a lot of videos and on tracks)

3. He never along with dame never gave them their own tours to build the fan base cole was always touring and hitting colleges now he has a great fan base that can grow with him

this might have been on purpose:ohhh: