Why is Ohio no longer a swing state???

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
I'm from Ohio. I had to ask my pops :mindblown:

It's a shythole. People I went to college with are doing hair, maintenance, etc.

Glad I left 10 years ago.

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
Ohio is blue and Columbus Dayton Cleveland Cincinnati however every other county is red
34btJDJ

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
I'm from Ohio and where I live you wouldn't even think this was a republican state. Crazy how different shyt is when there's an election.

SATAN

Eve was a thot.
Daps
Reppin
HELL
A good # of Chicagoans move to Phoenix. If it aint Phoenix, it is somewhere in Nevada.

I think I read somewhere that Phoenix and Dallas are 2 major relocation spots. Dallas wasnt surprising, but Phoenix was.
I got family that recently moved from Chicago to Phoenix.

I'm considering Nevada
:ohhh:

Sweet Pea

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
I drove to Detroit from Akron once and on the way it was so many rural country ass areas with barely shyt there. And all I saw were Trump and Pence signs with the exception of one Biden sign.

I drove through Clyde, Ohio and saw this billboard welcoming Trump:francis:. Idk how those white folk live in areas like that. It was almost like looking at the Gilded Age.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
That was when the Democratic Party was the conservative party and the Republicans was the liberal party more or less. They slowly switched ideologies in the time period between the Great Depression and the Reagan Administration.
Yeah, like J Edgar Hoover was a Democrat for example- something a few conservative trolls like to bring up even though they know that doesn't mean shyt. But when the JFK/LBJ administration really went after the black vote, everything shifted and all the southern Democrats went Republican. In 1968, for example, George Wallace left the Democratic party, went Independent, and actually won all of the racist ass southern states in the Presedential election (Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisana, Arkansas)

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
But as has been said before once the unions and factory jobs stopped being a factor the Dems lost grip.

Take away pro labor and most Cacs resort to their first instinct of racism, ethnocentrism, xenophobia for their vote.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Young, educated people leave for better job opportunities.
The population is becoming older, whiter, and less educated.
Theres nothing there to attract workers to the state.
Tons of rural areas that are disconnected from regular life for other people.

Ohio is mostly a wasteland of broken dreams, opioids, and cacs that blame everyone for their problems except for themselves and the pieces of shyt that they vote into office.
I had a cac classmate in Ad school who was from Youngstown Ohio. He was a cool dude and we used to chop it up about basketball in depth but he was super young and clearly brainwashed by his Republican ass parents.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
man that state is rural af. :huhldup:

only reason it went blue for obama is cause all the college kids came out.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
We used to carry elections for Dems as often as we carried for Repubs and arguably even more. shyt, it was like this as recently as the Obama Administration. He won our state TWICE. It seems like after 2012, Ohio swung red for good cause literally every election from the 2014 Midterms to the 2020 Presidential Election, Ohioans voted all Republican leaders since.
Look at Delphi, GM and how many union auto plants shut down across the state. I suspect I similar thing happened to Michigan.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Youd think in THIS election theyd hold the current administration accountable for those manufacturing jobs disappearing along with there health care BUT these fakkits said no we will kiss ur ass regardless...rust belt cacs are the dumbest ppl on earth.
It's like the Chappelle bit when he was on line with all the hopeful rural cacs in the 2016 election.

"Trump ain't fighting for y'all, he's fighting for ME:skip:"

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
I got family that recently moved from Chicago to Phoenix.

I'm considering Nevada
:ohhh:

Move to RENO nv.. its beautiful..

Lake tahoe/google/tesla/apple/switch all the major tech have a hub here..

Great food/weather(no its not a desert like vegas) nicest people collectively i have ever been around

+

Legal

Weed
Hoes
Gambling..