Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
"I do gubment nigh!"
giphy.gif

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I watch the show for Keenan, he's reliable and funny without being over the top .

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Yeah he don't pretend otherwise either:

3:57

I don't find him that funny or good on the show either but I ain't mad at him. That's probably the same shyt I'd do in his situation. But realistically he needs to start his own production company or something along those lines and start making his own shyt unless Tyler Perry can give him a platform.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Kenan is/was the goat straight man. Check your comedic history he does it as good or even better than anyone in the history of televised or recorded comedy history.

The fact that people mention Kel proves it. Kel was hilarious and Kenan had to work off of that without falling flat. Kenan is cohesive, hes able to maintain the straightman and keep the scene moving. His cohesion has led to his continued success. When youre working with comedic actors as the straight man you have to be able to allow the comedian to do their bit but still be present. Otherwise its just a comedian being funny while standing next to another body. Even other comedians arent the best straight men because when they work with or play off of other comedians they simply turn off their funny to allow the other comedian to shine. Kenan has the ability to maintain the character of the straight man and when needed he can interject or reverse roles and become the comedian. Hes not just one character doing it all, he masters the different roles and tasks effortlessly.

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t know the SNL history like that but is Kenan the first cast member to have done something legendary BEFORE joining the show?

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Watch yo mouth :ufdup:

Mighty ducks:classic
Heavyweights:classic
All That: classic
Keenan and Kel: legendary
Snakes on a plane: :banderas:
Forgot about Mighty Ducks :ohhh:

Keenan knows who butters his bread.
His movie career ain't take off and you see him in zero outside of SNL so he stays cuz outside of SNL he would have to go back to Keenan and Kel
Facts, at least he is doing something though. Kel was doing nothing for a lot of years until Nick rehired him.

Where's Kel at????:ld:
Kel was on another Nick show playing a father/rapper. Game Shakers it's called.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
*puts on glasses and cardigan*

I am proud of Kenan, and glad he could have some success.
But Ron is putting a lot on it here...