Why Liberals Aren't As Tolerant As They Think

Are Liberals As Intolerant As Conservatives?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
dikkhead get the overall message my point was they "like" is more because at least they don't pretend to help us and lead us to destruction they say what the whole world thinks of us unconsciously. And how was I short sided when I proposed a plan to organize our community.

Higher Learning what a joke :mjlol:
Name calling just makes you look worse. Stop being so sensitive. Your reasoning is stupid, you have no actual argument, and you didn't lay out any plan.

Feel free to take your nonsense to TLR.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Open question: has liberalism aided the black cause in America and helped us in our battle against white supremacy? :jbhmm:

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think tolerance for each other across the board has dropped significantly.

I've talked about this in other threads but this comes down to the identity politics and conditioning that the media and politicians (all media and all politicians) that have divided the country in to ingroups and outgroups. and to the point where if you are not in the same ingroup as the next person you are automatically the enemy.

I'm talking about how friends, family and neighbours, ppl that were relatively close or at least cool with each other before are now ready to fight for their "ingroup", even against each other.

this what happens when you play identity politics.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
I think tolerance for each other across the board has dropped significantly.

I've talked about this in other threads but this comes down to the identity politics and conditioning that the media and politicians (all media and all politicians) that have divided the country in to ingroups and outgroups. and to the point where if you are not in the same ingroup as the next person you are automatically the enemy.

I'm talking about how friends, family and neighbours, ppl that were relatively close or at least cool with each other before are now ready to fight for their "ingroup", even against each other.

this what happens when you play identity politics.

Identity politics is probably the worst thing to happen overt the last 10 or 15 years.

Both sides of the political aisle are widely divided on the issues and it gets to the point where if you even disagree with the party on a sole issue, you are ostracized by your own party.

Now, it's either you're all the way liberal or all the way conservative, with no room for middle ground, compromise on some issues, or nuance in discussing and dissecting issues.

It's disgusting, quite frankly.

afterlife2009

Superstar
Daps
Some liberals, definitely. There's so many smug "tolerant" ones on Twitter. Here's one example when they begin to start to sound like conservatives. Markos is the co-founder of vox media and founder of Daily Kos.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Identity politics is probably the worst thing to happen overt the last 10 or 15 years.

Both sides of the political aisle are widely divided on the issues and it gets to the point where if you even disagree with the party on a sole issue, you are ostracized by your own party.

Now, it's either you're all the way liberal or all the way conservative, with no room for middle ground, compromise on some issues, or nuance in discussing and dissecting issues.

It's disgusting, quite frankly.
not to mention obama getting elected president :beli:

the way that that divided this country is fukking appalling :scustrump: but i guess it just brought what was already there to the surface