Why the fukk is PS4 still not supporting external hard drives?

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
just copped overwatch and sf5 and i cant even install shyt. how the fukk does 7 games take up 500gb? tired of deleting and all this bullshyt.

i have an unused 2tb mybook external hard drive and i cant use it cuz sony are bytch made fakkits. went ahead and ordered the nyko 3.5 adapter enclosure and a 4tb sshd from seagate. shyt is ridiculous.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
just copped overwatch and sf5 and i cant even install shyt. how the fukk does 7 games take up 500gb? tired of deleting and all this bullshyt.

i have an unused 2tb mybook external hard drive and i cant use it cuz sony are bytch made fakkits. went ahead and ordered the nyko 3.5 adapter enclosure and a 4tb sshd from seagate. shyt is ridiculous.
fukk that USB shyt bruh, on Sony my nikka? You get the take out the hard drive and replace it with a different one :blessed:

Xbox 5K odelay Cardinal

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Because it supports internal ones?!!? :yeshrug:

but its limited to 2.5 in drives which are slower and doesnt have a higher capacity than 1tb.

the ps3, xbox one, and wii u support external drives. and with the amount of size games take up including updates, ur hard drive be looking thinner than the cheap toilet paper.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
but its limited to 2.5 in drives which are slower and doesnt have a higher capacity than 1tb.

the ps3, xbox one, and wii u support external drives. and with the amount of size games take up including updates, ur hard drive be looking thinner than the cheap toilet paper.

There's the nyko external clip on, plus there's 2.5 2TB HDD's.... :yeshrug:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO

I have a 2tb HD with like 30 games and still have a little under a tb left

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps

You could got a 2 tb for like 80 bucks. That's more than big enough and you wouldn't have to bother with that nyko nonsense. Don't get me wrong though 4 Tb is dope

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I have a 2tb drive in mine. Its sufficient for most people. I complain about it from time to time but in reality 2 tb is enough. I have a ton of games. I don't absolutely need to have every single one installed at all times. I wish Xbox had the option to do both. I prefer internal drives, but the external option is dope. 2tb is a lot though breh. How many games are you really actively playing?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Because it supports internal ones?!!? :yeshrug:
Is this your final answer? :mjlol:
There's the nyko external clip on, plus there's 2.5 2TB HDD's.... :yeshrug:
Just when you thought the answers couldn't get any worse :russ:
I have a 2tb drive in mine. Its sufficient for most people. I complain about it from time to time but in reality 2 tb is enough. I have a ton of games. I don't absolutely need to have every single one installed at all times. I wish Xbox had the option to do both. I prefer internal drives, but the external option is dope. 2tb is a lot though breh. How many games are you really actively playing?
The Xbox can do both, but who needs to put one in when you can use an external. I've heard a few people on here be like "an internal hard drive is important to me :wrist:

The real world doesn't give a shyt about the desire of a few nerds. I have a 4tb external connected to my Xbox one and I'm using over half of it already. This Gen will require at least 10tb to be comfortable. In 3yrs most of you will agree with me. Dogstradamus, over and out :salute:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Is this your final answer? :mjlol:

Just when you thought the answers couldn't get any worse :russ:
The Xbox can do both, but who needs to put one in when you can use an external. I've heard a few people on here be like "an internal hard drive is important to me :wrist:

The real world doesn't give a shyt about the desire of a few nerds. I have a 4tb external connected to my Xbox one and I'm using over half of it already. This Gen will require at least 10tb to be comfortable. In 3yrs most of you will agree with me. Dogstradamus, over and out :salute:
The Xbox 1 internal hard drive can be swapped out?
Without gutting it and voiding the warranty?

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
yall really go into your consoles and start popping in and out internal hard drives?
i haven't used a console since the 360. this just sounds weird to me

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why Yall need to hoard games on your hardrive?

I came from floppy drives, and burned CDs, space management is my specialty:win:

Especially with the ability to re-download/install games, shyt should never be a problem to you :manny:

One thing though, is that on Xbox, game saves/pictures/video are stored on the cloud, so you get more space to use for games.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Microsoft never gave a fukk about stuff like that in the past, you sure they care now :usure:
So it's not really a supporting thing.
Saying XB1 can do both may be true from a technical standpoint, but it's a misleading statement considering that it isn't something it was designed to support like it is with the PS4. I'll let Becky explain:

Granted, if I had to pick from only one over the other I would pick the external drive option. The Nyko databank adapter is available for those that need more than 2 TBs of space. [I have a TON of games and don't NEED 2 TB]
Ideally having a system that could do both would be dope.
None of this has anything to do directly with the OP though. 2 TB is sufficient for most gamers. OP thought slim drives only came in 1TB max.