Why type of movies does Johnny Depp need to star in for a triumphant comeback?

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Bruh ain't been in a classic movie in a LONG time. What type of movies do he need to star in for a comeback?:jbhmm:

Last edited:

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
He needs to stay out the public eye for a while like Mel. Rehab, public atonement, that humble shyt.

Then come back with something that puts his acting chops on display. I'm thinking an epic biopic of a troubled historical figure. A story almost mirroring his real life struggles. :wow:

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Oscar bait. Some shyt like a boring ass period piece set in the 1800s about some poor farmer tryna connect with his lesbian daughter. Those cacs at the academy would throw gold statues at him for something like that.

He need a movie that's so great that it could be considered his best yet.
He needs a comeback in the way that Brando had a comeback with The Godfather.
A movie that reminds people of how great of an actor he is and a movie that cements his status as 1 of the best actors of all time.
Cause it's been over a decade since Johnny has a classic movie.
He's another a ground breaking movie.

Tarantino might be able to help him

I feel like him and Scorsese would be a better duo. :ehh:

Link up with Tim Burton again

He is due for another classic w/ Tim. It's been a while.:wow:

He needs to stay out the public eye for a while like Mel. Rehab, public atonement, that humble shyt.

Then come back with something that puts his acting chops on display. I'm thinking an epic biopic of a troubled historical figure. A story almost mirroring his real life struggles. :wow:

He definitely needs some time away from the spotlight to clean himself up and to get focused again.
Yeah, whatever movie role he picks, it needs to be a career defining role that could be considered his best role yet.
Bruh done put out a string of flops for a decade now.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
He need a movie that's so great that it could be considered his best yet.
He needs a comeback in the way that Brando had a comeback with The Godfather.
A movie that reminds people of how great of an actor he is and a movie that cements his status as 1 of the best actors of all time.
Cause it's been over a decade since Johnny has a classic movie.
He's another a ground breaking movie.

I feel like him and Scorsese would be a better duo. :ehh:

He is due for another classic w/ Tim. It's been a while.:wow:

He definitely needs some time away from the spotlight to clean himself up and to get focused again.
Yeah, whatever movie role he picks, it needs to be a career defining role that could be considered his best role yet.
Bruh done put out a string of flops for a decade now.
How do you feel about this upcoming project? Not prestigious enough?

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
How do you feel about this upcoming project? Not prestigious enough?

I think it'll be good.
The only thing is, Russell Poole seemed a bit more animated than Johnny seems to be in the trailer.
But all in all, I think he probably did a good job and the movie will be good.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think it'll be good.
The only thing is, Russell Poole seemed a bit more animated than Johnny seems to be in the trailer.
But all in all, I think he probably did a good job and the movie will be good.
Could be a series of movies that bring him back not just a single movie. The Matthew McConaughey comeback was a series of good productions as well. True Detective gets the credit but it started with The Lincoln Lawyer.