Why Was African American Entrepreneurship Targeted & Removed During Black Wall Street's Prosperity?

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB

Should also google Hayti Durham and Hayti Alexandria Virginia that's being excavated. Even the markers of Durham for many of the Black Pioneers clearly note Indian and Black. He talks about how the district had to fall so that companies like Cisco, Glaxo, IBM etc could move in with freeway 147 and Research Triangle Park (the new Silicon Valley of the East). Sadly, many people who were moved out of their homes were still sitting in the projects(now low income/lease housing) waiting for recompense in their old age...those that are left are in their late 80s to 90s.

Two of my great grandmothers owned businesses here and our fam lost a lot of wealth and some fell into ratchetness.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being a NC native I can say we went through alot in this state. One thing I've always noticed about Durham is on one street you'll see really nice homes and then on the next street it's the opposite. I've always known about our contributions in Durham as well as Winston Salem and Princeville NC. Here's the main problem though the fact that generational wealth was lost and alot of our people don't know all of our history it puts us in a tough situation. Then when we get money we go and live in the suburbs and ignore "the hood".

jackson35

Banned
Daps

Should also google Hayti Durham and Hayti Alexandria Virginia that's being excavated. Even the markers of Durham for many of the Black Pioneers clearly note Indian and Black. He talks about how the district had to fall so that companies like Cisco, Glaxo, IBM etc could move in with freeway 147 and Research Triangle Park (the new Silicon Valley of the East). Sadly, many people who were moved out of their homes were still sitting in the projects(now low income/lease housing) waiting for recompense in their old age...those that are left are in their late 80s to 90s.

Two of my great grandmothers owned businesses here and our fam lost a lot of wealth and some fell into ratchetness.
this is the result of bad leadership within the community. this is what happens when efforts are not being put forth to stop corporationns from abusing their power by destroying black business