Wii U & 3DS can no longer eShop by March 23rd 2022!

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Nintendo Support: Wii U & Nintendo 3DS eShop Discontinuation

Wii U & Nintendo 3DS eShop Discontinuation

Applies to: New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, New Nintendo 2DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS, Wii U Deluxe, Wii U Basic

As of late March 2023, it will no longer be possible to make purchases in Nintendo eShop for the Wii U system and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. It will also no longer be possible to download free content, including game demos. Furthermore, as this date draws closer, related services will cease to function:

• As of May 23, 2022, it will no longer be possible to use a credit card to add funds to an account in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
  • As of August 29, 2022, it will no longer be possible to use a Nintendo eShop Card to add funds to an account in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. However, it will still be possible to redeem download codes until late March 2023.
Users who link their Nintendo Network ID wallet (used with Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems) with their Nintendo Account wallet (used with the Nintendo Switch family of systems) can use the shared balance to purchase content on any of these systems until late March 2023. After that, the balance can only be used to purchase content for the Nintendo Switch family of systems.

No changes are planned for Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch family of systems.

The changes to Nintendo eShop on Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems will simultaneously take effect in software on these platforms where it is possible to make purchases, such as StreetPass Mii Plaza, Theme Shop and Nintendo Badge Arcade.

Even after late March 2023, and for the foreseeable future, it will still be possible to redownload games and DLC, receive software updates and enjoy online play on Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

We thank you for supporting Nintendo eShop on Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. While we hope that you will continue to enjoy using these systems, we have taken this opportunity to prepare a website where you can look back on your time with them via various play statistics. Please visit https://my-nintendo-3ds-wiiu-memories.nintendo.com/.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
10 Wii U games to buy before Nintendo shuts down the eShop

I want the metroid prime trilogy but I’m gonna have to hold out hope it’ll hit switch…unless I can get my hands on a wii U by tomorrow for the latest lol

*edit*

hmm…I wonder if I can buy the games now then download them later once I find a wii U at a respectable price

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man, this is Nintendo. No guarantee. They are not to be trusted.

ya I just read around and seen instances where ppl bought wii Us recently and still couldn’t access the shop prior to the deadline…and a remake/remaster is rumored (supposedly already done) but who knows…worst case scenario I can look into playing it on PC

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
ya I just read around and seen instances where ppl bought wii Us recently and still couldn’t access the shop prior to the deadline…and a remake/remaster is rumored (supposedly already done) but who knows…worst case scenario I can look into playing it on PC
Gon have to emulate if that shyt not on switch eShop or cop a Wii U and home brew that shyt

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Wii U…?

tumblr_nye2b3Yc2L1tz6qxho1_250.gif

Frolickingmami

On discord looking for peeps to play with
Daps
Still can but all them games gon have to be physical. Nintendo stay making bad decisions.
Last time I tried to get it, they said it was discontinued and there's not much physical copies left.

Nintendo can suck several dacks. Always making shytty decisions.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
Last time I tried to get it, they said it was discontinued and there's not much physical copies left.

Nintendo can suck several dacks. Always making shytty decisions.
They might be on the eShop on the switch. Switch lite refurbished is $169