Wiley U. president pens open letter to students on MLK Day

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoo:

Perhaps those who have watched Elon Musk constantly provide you with his bigoted perceptions of grandeur will resist the urge to boycott Musk. Instead of returning your Tesla and deleting X, maybe the answer is to occupy and own those spaces. Occupy, own, and figuratively topple through organized outrage that changes these organizations' financial trajectory. Perhaps you will finally be sick and tired enough to galvanize with people and figuratively march to interrupt this renewed sense of comfort in bigoted performances by white supremacists.

At some point, we will realize Elon Musk and others like him are only dangerous because we aren’t. That we are free and don’t have to tolerate the stream of bigotry as normal. As we celebrate the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., perhaps we should be reminded that we are the protectors of the future and that we can shape this future free from racism, but it will require us to be as dangerous as Elon Musk.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stop worrying about the spooky white man and get spooky your damn self.

:salute:

I dont think thats what he is saying.

Under estimating Musk and pretending that he isnt a factor is a foolish endeavor

Seems more like a call to awareness, and getting heads out of asses. Realize that everything is very tenable

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I dont think thats what he is saying.

Under estimating Musk and pretending that he isnt a factor is a foolish endeavor

Seems more like a call to awareness, and getting heads out of asses. Realize that everything is very tenable
“At some point, we will realize Elon Musk and others like him are only dangerous because we aren’t.”

:why:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Been said all that for years. People in society today not just students have no push back for the elites.

We out number them but we are far less organized and they have learned how to manipulate the masses to keep us out of harmony. exploiting differences and keeping people who are in the same tax bracket facing similar outlooks in life from identifying with each other. The last time there was a real theat to the system was when there was a class consciousness about the 1% and their monopolies of the world.

That is when the magas type movements began to explode. This was not mere coincidence. Now we have broke white people who identify with Trump and Musk over race ideologies and not the Black people or others who are in similar circumstsnces

I was never a 5% but their rhetoric about the 85% is spot on. Majority of humans are sheep and the 1% know this. We might outnumber them but it only takes one Sheppard to run a flock.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Despite disagreeing with parts of this I like it for a pretty important reason. So much black discourse revolves around being a passive victim whose only reprieve is begging white people for money/help or voting every 2-4 years. The community, security/safety, and education goals of black activism in the 50s-70s has almost entirely been replaced by white driven narratives on politics or gender. My point is not to say voting is bad BTW, I vote in every election. But there's a problem when we watched an organization rake in hundreds of millions of dollars, do nothing on a community level, and run away with the cash without any major backlash. That points to a community so scattered and disorganized that anyone can swindle it.

Begging for people in Washington to do what you want, while displaying no real organizing skills or ability to threaten or ability to influence outcomes, isn't a recipe for success. Crying about Elon Musk isn't a recipe for progress. There are tangible things we can do for change in OUR local community. If you have enough people working in these cities, supporting organizations that are actually on the ground helping black people (urban farming, job training, child support, education, healthcare, etc) then you can make actual change. And once you build that base you have the opportunity to become dangerous.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
My Maternal Grandfather’s Alma mater. :salute:

Also my Grand Uncle’s too. One of them was the first black man to open a TSO in Texas and the other was the man who calculated the speed of the moon. There’s a lot of talent to come out of Wiley from back in the day.
Great info about your family and ties to the university.

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
Stop worrying about the spooky white man and get spooky your damn self.

:salute:
I wish more of yall truly understood that most of us would follow you to the ends of the earth if y’all spoke like this en masse.

I think this is the first prominent brotha to address Elon, or am I mistaken?

If he’s married I know she put it on his ass tonight :whew: