Will AEW be around in 5 years?

How long has AEW got?

• Total voters

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I'm starting to doubt it :patrice:

Way too many combustable elements right now and it's completely reliant on a coked out trust fund kid not losing his mind and taking his ball home.

shyt is starting to look scary. This thing could fall apart quickly. If they get a good TV deal locked in they should be okay for the short term.

m

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Yeah, not sure what capacity though

Impact is still around. They used to be the clear #2 company in the US and were a rival to WWE at one point.. a lot changed obviously but they didn’t fold, so I doubt AEW will

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Tony Khan too much of a wrestling mark to just fold up shop. He'll just make it the next ROH if they can't keep up being a clear #2.

As long as something catastrophic doesn't happen, they'll get a nice TV contract next year and that will keep them afloat for a while if nothing else.
I can’t see any other company coming along and take that #2 slot realistically

Tony is safe

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell

Tony is safe

Plus what other media group is going to fund/help a 3rd major company.

WWE has NBC Universal
AEW has WarnerMedia/Discovery

I can't see Amazon or CBS being interested in wrestling. Plus there isn't enough talent for a 3rd promotion that can compete on a mainstream level.

Netflix might be interested but still the chance are very low they would be interested in wrestling.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yes, but not in its current state, if the owner doesn't get a handle on things. He's gotta learn that you can't be friends with all of these people. There are too many egos in that locker room and you can't please them all. Sort them all out and get them in line *behind you* or the weight of it all is going to destroy you and your company.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

Tony is safe
The barriers to entry in the wrestling industry are too damn high for anyone but like a top 0.1 percenter to make it happen in the traditional way - which is to do PPVs and get a national TV deal. Tony and Shad Khan fit that billing, and now the barriers to entry for someone else to come in with another big name in the mix is even higher.

It really is remarkable AEW even got where they are.

They got a national TV deal signed before they even had one PPV, much less even as little as a house show or a free YouTube show - remember, that All In PPV that started all of this was a ROH production, not AEW. Warner and AEW announced the TV deal on May 15, 2019. They didn't host their first show, Double or Nothing, until May 25, 2019.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

WWE has NBC Universal

I can't see Amazon or CBS being interested in wrestling. Plus there isn't enough talent for a 3rd promotion that can compete on a mainstream level.

Netflix might be interested but still the chance are very low they would be interested in wrestling.
Netflix already has signed some sort of deal with Ohio Valley Wrestling. It just hasn't debuted yet.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

WWE has NBC Universal

AEW has Warnermedia/Discovery....for now. Discovery is fukking things up with HBOMax so who knows what they might want from AEW if they want it at all.

Better chance of Amazon or CBS getting into live streaming since they already have the capabilities.

Netflix already has signed some sort of deal with Ohio Valley Wrestling. It just hasn't debuted yet.

It's for a behind the scenes show. Netflix isn't planning on live television for the immediate foreseeable future.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
AEW has Warnermedia/Discovery....for now. Discovery is fukking things up with HBOMax so who knows what they might want from AEW if they want it at all.

Better chance of Amazon or CBS getting into live streaming since they already have the capabilities.

It's for a behind the scenes show. Netflix isn't planning on live television for the immediate foreseeable future.

Streaming would be a horrible choice if they want to grow their fanbase.