Will Smith Explains Why He Chose Suicide Squad Over Independence Day

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Aint nobody trying to see no collateral Beauty,only thing he shouldve learned from MIB3 is to know how to check the temprature of the people:wow:

I dont remember anybody begging to see another MIB after MIB 2 at all:mjlol:?

Far as After Earth his lesson should be that nikkas dont like sci fi,and people dont really want to see him in movies where he's not the Fresh Prince:banderas:

There are exceptions,but we would all agree any role he ever played would be better if he played it as goofy Will:pachaha:

He need to realize he aint as multi dimensional as a Denzel or better yet a Wesley Snipes.

People actually wanted to see a Badboys 3 though,but u draggin ya feet on that one:francis:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I keep seeing people say he made the right choice because SS did better at the box office and that ID was garbage. But seeing as how they killed off his character in ID and the story was focused elsewhere other than Will, it could be argued that had he done ID, the movie would have been much better and made a whole lot more money. With Will Smith in the movie ID feels legit. With him not in the movie, it feels almost like a B movie. With that being said, I enjoyed ID more than Suicide Squad. As far as one movie opening opportunities for other roles, yeah, the comic book shyt is hot right now, so he has a chance to pop up in a number of other movies, but I'm not holding my breath for a super/anti hero movie featuring Will. I think because of the character Deadshot, he'll be relegated to cameos and team up roles. The way ID ended though, it looks like it could possibly have gotten a third movie out of it, possibly showing the evolution of the human race with this alien technology and the consequences of that on the galaxy. If Will is there, that might be a whole lot more legit, and interesting. Without him, not even a chance.

But beyond any of that, I just found Deadshot to be a boring ass character.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Man...

Remember when Will Smith was undeniable box office gold?

I know times move one, but I hate it had to be him.