Willie D on VladTV: Subhuman Cops like Derek Chauvin are the Boogyman

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
Im reviewing the Missouri murder charge overviews as im listening to this and I cant understand why he was only charged with third degree, it hits more than one checkmark on what constitutes 2nd degree. While in my personal opinion its 1st degree murder cut & dry and him receiving gas or the needle (the 2 options in Missouri) is still too lenient, at the very least its second degree murder, no question about it.

Second degree murder is generally defined as intentional murder that lacks premeditation, is intended to only cause bodily harm, and demonstrates an extreme indifference to human life.
Intentional Killings Without Premeditation
These sorts of killings don't involve any planning on the part of the killer. At the moment the murder occurs, the killer definitely intends to kill the victim, but up until that moment, the killer had no plan to commit murder.

Intent to Cause Only Serious Bodily Harm
A second situation that constitutes second-degree murder is where the perpetrator intends only to cause serious bodily harm but knows that death could result from the act.

Extreme Indifference to Human Life
The third main type of second-degree murder occurs when a victim dies as a result of the perpetrator's extreme indifference to the value of human life. Generally speaking, extreme indifference means an utter disregard of the possibility that an act will kill someone.

You can easily prove any of the above just based off the footage and a couple of remarks that were made during the murder, has there been a statement released as to why he is being charged with such leniency??

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Im reviewing the Missouri murder charge overviews as im listening to this and I cant understand why he was only charged with third degree, it hits more than one checkmark on what constitutes 2nd degree. While in my personal opinion its 1st degree murder cut & dry and him receiving gas or the needle (the 2 options in Missouri) is still too lenient, at the very least its second degree murder, no question about it.

Bro, they are gonna need Professor X to read his mind and prove he woke up that morning wanting to kill a black person.

There's rumors they knew each other.

I'm all for third degree, because the amount you have to prove goes up.

IMO, that's why George Zimmerman was acquitted. 2nd degree assumed too much shyt we have to prove.

That's why I want to ignore hate crime, cuz all he needs is that black friend to talk about drinking beers at the BBQ.

He's still facing 25 years according to Wikipedia;

Depending on the state, third-degree murder may include felony murder regardless of the underlying felony, felony murder only where the underlying felony is non-violent, or depraved-heart murder. It is punishable by a maximum of 40 years imprisonment in Florida (in the case of a violent career criminal) and Pennsylvania, and 25 years imprisonment in Minnesota.

2nd degree, he's facing life

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
Bro, they are gonna need Professor X to read his mind and prove he woke up that morning wanting to kill a black person.

There's rumors they knew each other.

I'm all for third degree, because the amount you have to prove goes up.

IMO, that's why George Zimmerman was acquitted. 2nd degree assumed too much shyt we have to prove.

That's why I want to ignore hate crime, cuz all he needs is that black friend to talk about drinking beers at the BBQ.

He's still facing 25 years according to Wikipedia;

Depending on the state, third-degree murder may include felony murder regardless of the underlying felony, felony murder only where the underlying felony is non-violent, or depraved-heart murder. It is punishable by a maximum of 40 years imprisonment in Florida (in the case of a violent career criminal) and Pennsylvania, and 25 years imprisonment in Minnesota.

2nd degree, he's facing life
Thats why im saying 2nd and not 1st, I did my best to remove any personal emotion I have regarding this while reviewing what constitutes 1st, 2nd & 3rd degree murder specifically in the state of Missouri, they wont have to prove premeditation based on what I bolded in my first post, the video shows that he restricted his ability to breathe for 9 plus minutes, he was informed by more than one person who was witnessing the murder that his knee was restricting Floyds ability to breathe, and Chauvin kept applying pressure with his knee to Floyds neck for almost 3 minutes after Floyd became limp and unresponsive. From there what more needs to be proven other than that Chauvin comprehends that if you cut off a humans ability to breathe with force for almost 10 minutes that there is a very high chance that person will die?