With bud selig entering the hall of fame, there's no argument against anyone from the "steroid era"

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Just noticed he's going in now. These writers need to get off their high horse already. Even if these guys were taking something (most notably Sammy, McGwire, Bonds, and Clemens), you can't argue against them anymore. Selig was in charge and turned a blind eye to all of this until his own career was ending when he decided to railroad Alex Rodriguez to make it look like he cared about the integrity of the game. Clearly his turning a blind eye the entire period of 1995-2007 shows he did not. These guys were among the greatest hitters and pitchers or flat out greatest players to play. They all played a huge role in baseball recovering from losing the World Series after the strike and sparking interest in the game again, and they're some of the most memorable characters in the history of the sport. No more bullshyt and no more self righteousness. These guys need their busts in Cooperstown already and I'm gonna start a petition online to get the vote going for next time around. We can't be having these guys not enshrined when lesser players are.

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
So basically you want us to tell the youth that it's okay to cheat :jbhmm:

Do steroids in high school kids!! And all throughout college!!
You'll definitely make the majors!!
And probably Cooperstown too!!

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Yes let's let the boss who allowed it all and turned a blind eye while crucifying the players

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bud Selig absolutely does not belong in the HOF.

MLB still has to address why the hell Marvin Miller isn't in the HOF yet.
Because he DEFINITELY belongs. And so does Curt Flood simply on principle because their impact on the game is enormous.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Can't play the morality card when Ty Cobb is in the hall. Can't play the unfair advantage card either (every white player before 1947). There's no hall of fame if someone who has 7 MVPs isn't worthy

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
Yes let's let the boss who allowed it all and turned a blind eye while crucifying the players

I get what you're saying. I mean I was a lot younger but I remember how terrified the mlb was of bonds when he was hitting 60 HR's like nothing. Getting walked like 2-3 times per game (I remember being so mad at the intentional walks cuz I wanted to see them HR's)

I witnessed McGwire vs Sosa in all of its greatness.

I knew how amazing Roger Clemens was, he was basically the modern day cac Michael Jordan in his hay day.

But idk. If you let these guys in you gotta let Pete in too :yeshrug:

And then it starts becoming a slippery slope.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I get what you're saying. I mean I was a lot younger but I remember how terrified the mlb was of bonds when he was hitting 60 HR's like nothing. Getting walked like 2-3 times per game (I remember being so mad at the intentional walks cuz I wanted to see them HR's)

I witnessed McGwire vs Sosa in all of its greatness.

I knew how amazing Roger Clemens was, he was basically the modern day cac Michael Jordan in his hay day.

But idk. If you let these guys in you gotta let Pete in too :yeshrug:

And then it starts becoming a slippery slope.
Given that pete was banned for what he did as a manager and not as a player if my memory serves me right, there's no justification for banning pete the player from the hall either.

Oville

Pro
Daps
I always felt Bud Selig gets unfairly criticized for this. Dudes wasn't doing steroids out in the open, what was being done out in the open was players hitting the gym to weight-lift. Before the steroid era few baseball players really weight-lifted like that because it was thought that you would cramp up being that its a sport that requires fast twitches. It was easy for anyone to give the benefit of the doubt and say "oh well more home runs are being hit because more players are weightlifting". If no one was actually caught doing it out in the open it would be messed up for any commissioner to just go around accusing people. Plus the union fought against any kind of drug testing for years during the early 2000s. It wasn't until Congress called players for a hearing that they started to get serious about accepting drug tests.

Last edited:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
If you've seen the votes that have come out, a lot of guys are voting for Bonds /Clemens. If they miss it this year it won't be by much. With confidence they'll be elected within 3 years.

That said, Manny, A-Rod and Palmeiro should never ever see Cooperstown off principle. Everyone else could at least plead ignorance.

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
Just noticed he's going in now. These writers need to get off their high horse already. Even if these guys were taking something (most notably Sammy, McGwire, Bonds, and Clemens), you can't argue against them anymore. Selig was in charge and turned a blind eye to all of this until his own career was ending when he decided to railroad Alex Rodriguez to make it look like he cared about the integrity of the game. Clearly his turning a blind eye the entire period of 1995-2007 shows he did not. These guys were among the greatest hitters and pitchers or flat out greatest players to play. They all played a huge role in baseball recovering from losing the World Series after the strike and sparking interest in the game again, and they're some of the most memorable characters in the history of the sport. No more bullshyt and no more self righteousness. These guys need their busts in Cooperstown already and I'm gonna start a petition online to get the vote going for next time around. We can't be having these guys not enshrined when lesser players are.

You forgot he was a part of the coup d tat to oust commissioner Fay Vincent.

Let the Expos get fukked

The all star game ended in a tie in his home town hosted by the team he used to own

Allowed these billion dollar owners to cry poverty and instituted luxury tax to get at the Yankees but even with that added money to the "small market teams" the same owners pocketed the money and didn't spend in free agency.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You forgot he was a part of the coup d tat to oust commissioner Fay Vincent.

Let the Expos get fukked

The all star game ended in a tie in his home town hosted by the team he used to own

Allowed these billion dollar owners to cry poverty and instituted luxury tax to get at the Yankees but even with that added money to the "small market teams" the same owners pocketed the money and didn't spend in free agency.
The royals ownership and Jeff loria comes to mind too. Helped him murder the expos and then gave him a $37 million loan to buy the Marlins and destroy the market for baseball in Miami while stealing untold amounts from the city. Steinbrenner used to complain nonstop about those owners crying foul about the Yankees but not spending their own. Selig was also the guy who signed off on the fukking all star game deciding home field advantage in the World Series :camby: