Wolf of Wall St.

AlphaOne

OFT XI E Squad
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey / XO
I need to get to the theaters, ASAP.
I'm gonna stay out of this thread until I see it. Scorcese film on wall street.:blessed:

Spin

All Star
Daps
Got around to seeing this. Wolf of Wall Street is a SOLID movie. Leo is Leo as usual :leostare:. He has a command of the screen like few others. If you been around any of those slick talking guys, you know he is on point.

The movie is very entertaining and you will leave the theater not realizing three hours just went by. Scorsese did a great job of capturing the stockbroker/boiler room vibe. :cheers: If any of you have worked in sales, you will be familiar with the pumped up speeches to gas up employees. The chop shop environment is very different from life at a Goldman, Morgan Stanley, etc. The movie was true to form in showing most of these brokers coming from regular backgrounds and not upper class status.

The conversation between Leo and McConaughey(Leo's mentor of sorts) at the beginning was well done after looking cheesy to me in the trailer. I wish McConaughey was somehow more apart of the movie. :clap:

Jonah Hill surprised me with his character as Leo's right hand man. I'm only familiar with him being goofy in films but here he showed depth. Might be the sleeper performance.

Margot Robbie :ohlawd:. She reminds me of some other actress from the 90's that I can't remember. Her character was kind of confined, but she holds your attention. The last part of the movie where she and Leo fight is :ooh:.

The one drawback to me is the "party/musical" scenes. It reminded me of Gatsby in a way. I think everyone got how crazy they were partying/drinking/smashing/drugs/etc. But after one or two scenes, it becomes stale.

Eli from Boardwalk Empire is in this and American Hustle :salute:

I wouldn't call this a masterpiece, but it's a SOLID entertaining experience.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
lmao i got yall if its out when i get off