:mjlol:

wat6rr.jpg

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pictured: University lecturer, 34, who died on Mount Everest

A woman who died of altitude sickness while climbing Mount Everest took on the challenge to prove that 'vegans can do anything'.

Maria Strydom died on Saturday afternoon after having to turn back from the final leg of the expedition because she felt unwell.

She returned to Camp 4, the last camp before the mountain's summit, on Friday where she spent the night but died from lack of oxygen the following day.

The 34-year-old South African national taught at Monash University in Melbourne and was an experienced climber.

Her husband Robert Gropel is injured but, according to trip organisers, '100 per cent safe'.

Weeks before her death Dr Strydom told how she and her husband wanted to dispel the belief that vegans were 'weak' or 'malnourished' by taking on the climb.

'It seems that people have this warped idea of vegans being malnourished and weak.

'By climbing the seven summits we want to prove that vegans can do anything and more,' she said in an interview with the university where she worked.

She also told of the dangers most climbers feared when taking on the mountain.

Bruh it's sad that she died :mjcry:, but the irony is just :mjlol:

people die on Everest every year since they started climbing it, even strong experienced climbers. nothing indicated that being a vegan lead to her dead. plus it seemed that they climbed a couple of challenging mountains before everest.

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wtf:

The fukk kind of illogical reactionary decision is this?

Imagine if everybody thought like this.

:jbhmm:

"My ex told me that I was afraid of commitment, so I joined ISIS."

:win:
:russ:

What the fukk kind of argument are you having where you end it going "fukk you, I'm about to climb Mt. Everest to prove you wrong:ufdup:"

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Theres always that one motherfukker:stopitslime:

what that one motherfukker bringing some sense into nonsense. whatever man if you'll want to make light of someone dying go right ahead and have fun with that, i don't need that type of karma over more