Would Odell be as famous as he is without “The Catch”?

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
:patrice:

I’m not convinced he would. I feel like he’d already be popular, but having that play that early in his career set him up as a superstar fr

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
From the get go for football players it's hard to be a superstar... Everyone looks like a helmet and a team suit..

That's why these dances/celebrations became popular . In b-ball..u always know who is who.. so yeah he catch is the definite cataclysm for his stardom

Another reason is those suspect vids that keeps his legend going

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He’d still be a top 3 WR in a huge market that does all sorts of mango shyt on IG. So yeah he would still be famous...

shyt I forgot all about the catch to be honest

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Dude went for 1300 yards and double digit touchdowns as a rookie in the countrys biggest media market, and he's an out there personality and a walking instagram video. With or without that catch he was going to be a superstar. Dude had the best rookie WR season since Randy Moss and is as loud a personality.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
He would be Antionio Brown / Victor Cruz status

very popular yes, but not the worldwide phenom

also he did have the haircut too

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
The catch got people talking who were novice/not interested to football, but like everyone else say, he’s a wr that put up numbers in New York, he would get his shine, the catch just accelerated things

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
There's a combination of factors that allowed Odell to be as famous as he is now.

The catch put him on the map, but the only reason he blew up was because he plays for a NY sports team. Him becoming a top 3 WR helped him solidify his spot. Plus wild mango shyt and colored hair that caught on with the kids gave him fans that don't follow sports.

I'd say as long as he became a top 3 WR and played for NYG, the catch wouldn't have been necessary for him to become popular

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
:mjlol:.

It was a great catch, but anyone who has any clue about football already knew who he was. He's Elite and arguably the best wide receiver in the league. if the catch did anything for him, it was minimal in the grand scheme of everything.

his off the field attention is far more than what he receive for the catch that you are referring to.h honestly, many people probably had to even think when they saw this thread title about what the catch was. They would have assumed that was Dwight Clark you were talking about.

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps

Greatness is greatness. Would people give him more respect and not write him off cause of the catch?

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Ahem

There’s only 1 play called “the catch” in football history

Use better words f*ggot

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes he would. He'd still be playing in a large market, acting like a thot, and catching 100 balls a year(and that's before the NFL season starts :dame:)