Would pro wrestling be better if it was still obviously racist?

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was looking at these old Piper's Pit clips and he was being racist towards his black counterparts. I'm sure a lot of the fans took Piper's side, but alot of the fans also took the black wrestler's side "strictly" because they hated that Piper was racist.

Wouldn't the fans start to actually "give a shyt" about any member of the new day (because they don't now), if you had a heel being obviously racist to them?

I know that WWE is a family product and its a public company, but its also a form of entertainment. There is racism depicted in movies, so why can't it be shown in wrestling anymore?

Examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422411861&x-yt-cl=84924572&v=Pc8ewByCsKM

The only difference now would be that there is more minority representation in the industry, so there can still be on-screen (performance) racism, but ideally less backstage racism.

Daps
I don't think it is the race stuff that matters, but what matters is the feeling of real, organic promos between people. The reason people got so crazy over the CM Punk Pipe Bomb was it was the first thing that "felt real" in WWE in a long time. Even if it isn't real......but it is sort of a version of reality so the promo guy feels it when he says it and can say it in his own words.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It still may be racist, but its not as apparent. Watch the link guys.

Vitual Ninja, you may be right...

Daps
Reppin
NYC
agree with OP. racism will get heat on just about anyone. new day are the corniest dudes alive but if miz called them a bunch of jungle bunnies or something like that or some other derogatory slur I think the ppl would pop big once they started swingin on him.

you need to let the bad guys be bad guys.