Would you all consider The Terminator a "Sci-Fi" or "Horror" movie?

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I was watching this movie, this morning, and it is so drastically different from any of the other films in it's franchise. I know that a lot of people consider it Sci-Fi (or Action), but it follows so many horror movie tropes. A giant, bruiting, near unstoppable force. A lone female survivor. And that last act where it keeps coming back after you think it's gone. Plus the music....and that "dream" sequence. :merchant:

601px-TheTerminatorPlasmaCannonTeaserMuzzle01.jpg

What do you all think? I actually consider it horror, myself.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Scifi but i can see why it could be labeled horror. I remember them labeling the matrix as horror when it first came out too

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
A little bit of body horror in there as well, i remember being grossed out when Arnold took out his eye with that exacto knife

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I was watching this movie, this morning, and it is so drastically different from any of the other films in it's franchise. I know that a lot of people consider it Sci-Fi (or Action), but it follows so many horror movie tropes. A giant, bruiting, near unstoppable force. A lone female survivor. And that last act where it keeps coming back after you think it's gone. Plus the music....and that "dream" sequence. :merchant:

601px-TheTerminatorPlasmaCannonTeaserMuzzle01.jpg

What do you all think? I actually consider it horror, myself.
ur description sounds just like Aliens

and they're both Sci fi

burn this thread

tenor.gif
Both are horror movies.

T2 is sci fi though :ehh: