Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal

strike.jpg

For the first time in over 15 years, Hollywood’s writers are going out on strike.

The Guild announced that a work stoppage will begin on Tuesday afternoon after negotiations with the labor group representing studios and streamers faltered on Monday night. No details about where members will begin picketing were available as of press time, though in a picketing survey sent out to members of the weekend, the union listed locations including Amazon/Culver Studios, CBS Radford and CBS Television City, Netflix’s Hollywood plant and the Fox, Sony, Paramount, Warner Bros and Universal studio lots in Los Angeles.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
I’m wit it. I remember the amount of improv Conan O’Brien ended up working through during the last one. Writer’s Strike Conan was some fukkery. :russ:

These new hosts wouldn’t come close to pulling it off.

You just gave me major nostalgia

Used to love watching this dude as a kid

Forgot the theme

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
They just announced Black Mirror's new season too :sadbron:

Writer's strike won't effect it though. Netflix shoots so far ahead, because they drop everything at once they said they are good for the rest of the year.

Will mostly have an immediate effect on broadcast TV, with late night shows and the fall schedule maybe. Depends on how long it lasts, I support the writers though.