WWE officially changing Logo

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They need to do something like this for WWE.

NJPW+LOGO.jpg

:whoo:

:leostare:

:patrice:

:ohhh:

:ohlawd:

:banderas: Just the center piece!

b9QJRzt.jpg

8xu109_th.jpg

Last edited:

The Electric Lady

Post and toke
Daps
Reppin
Htown
Finally. The old logo has been :flabbynsick: for a minute now. I also love the minimalism exhibited in that logo. Very sleek. I wonder if they'll change the set around it? The current set still feels like late-Attitude Era. They need to change it.

With the logo being red, here's hoping the ring ropes will be red and white now.

The Electric Lady

Post and toke
Daps
Reppin
Htown
Wait... so they just took the old school logo a tilted it??:beli:

No. The old logo has a gradient from blue to white, with an orange border, and a flare. The inner workings of the gradient gave off a feel of metal. The logo looks pristine, iconic, grand, classy. All of these words fit the 80's era of WWF.

The New Generation logo is more 90's and reflected early 90's design: simplistic and minimal, with one singular main hue tone (orange). They added a blue border, and a blue orange background and tilted it.

The feel of the logos couldn't be more different and they fit their eras accordingly.

Many 90's logos should tell why they made the logo look like this in 94.

ZfL8ho6.png

Much like the WWF New Generation logo, the Seinfeld logo has a contrasting background and consists solids, no gradients.

Another common trend with 90's graphic design is tilts and brightly colored hues. This reflected clothing and fashion choices during the time period as well. Though, to be fair, All that was approaching mid-90's, which were more grungy and urban by that point.

Fa2xMiC.png

Notice how the All That logo is tilted. It also has a thick singular outline and again, features solids.

Now take a look at the Windows 95 logo:

NyE0a89.png

Trends: thick burgeoning outlines, solid colors, basic use of photoshop cloud feature which was new at the time, tilted.

Now look at the In Your House logo.

cEqeUUM.jpg

Sorry if this post seems long-winded, I just hate it when people ignorant of graphic design and graphic design trends make really simplistic and reductionist statements towards logo design and style.

If you can tell, yeah, I'm a professional graphic designer so I'm anal about it. Sue me. :yeshrug:

The Electric Lady

Post and toke
Daps
Reppin
Htown
The most exciting thing about the new logo is that we finally get to see WWE make their aesthetic more modern and contemporary. The current style reeks of 2000's. From the scratch logo, to the set and titantron, to those fukking ROBOT LEGS when they show the Versus screen on Raw. Everything needs a visual, modern upgrade. I bet you this is one of the big obstacles for gaining new fans WWE has: everything about their current aesthetic screams :flabbynsick: